I need a fitness buddy!

Options
Hello all. I am new to this site and I am looking for someone to help me on my journey to fitness. I want to lose 60 pounds and I have to stay on a 1200 calorie diet a day. I need someone to motivate me or something because I can become discouraged so easily. Anything helps. Oh and do you have any tips that can help to stay motivated? Thanks.

Replies

• luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    ... I have to stay on a 1200 calorie diet a day. ...

Why do you have to stay on a 1200 cal a day diet? Is there a health reason.
    The reason why I ask without knowing anything about you, is if you have 60 lbs to lose, you should be eating more food than 1200 cals a day to lose.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    I am starting p90x tomorrow. What are your plans besides limiting your calories?
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Like the other person said 1200 is alot to ask yourself for an extended period of time. You don't want the weight off too fast and risk getting burned out and quitting. As far as support goes I am willing to support you no matter what you decide to do. I''m no expert or guru but I can share what little bit I have learned in a few months. And I am still learning, which is good because it keeps me going and trying to get better. For motivation, I think the only one who can really truly motivate you is yourself. I say this because I think motivation comes from how bad you want to meet your own goals. Goals can change. I have tried to do small goals along the way. Seems to be working so far. I also have changed my workouts as I have progressed. I started out just walking to burn calories. Now I go to the gym and work out on the eliptical machines and treadmills because the weather is getting colder and it gets dark earlier. Plus I can work harder since I have lost a good amount of weight so far. Sorry for the long post but if you think I can help you I will gladly except a friend request from you. It's awesome that you are here getting started. Peace! :bigsmile: