Calling Women who lift heavy!

Options
Can you guys say what kind of program or whatever you do, (like NROL etc), your height, your weight, and your size?
Because I find my weight very heavy for my size and I was wondering if other lifters have the same thing maybe it'll help me feel better about my number!

I'm about 160 at 5'7 and you can see my pics, I do NROL, i've done it through once and about to start stage 4 for the second time

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    5'2
    130lbs

Was on SL for close to a year now on p.h.a.t for the past 2 weeks.

Finished bulking and now cutting so I think my weight will drop to around 120ish although I don't care much about the number anymore :)

No one should ever look at the numbee but at the way they look and how they feel about it!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    4' 10 1/2", I weigh more than I should (my own doing, keep sabotaging myself). Started a size 16, went down to a size 4. Now a size 8 maybe?

I completed NROLFW.
    I did Stronglifts till I stalled.
    I'm now doing 5/3/1.
  • Lozz68
    Lozz68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'10" 144lbs

Started NROLFW and didnt really like it so switched to stronglifts. After a couple of months I joined a strength gym and now have my programming done for me - starting with high reps, then each week dropping reps and increasing weight to work up to a 1rep max.

I have put on a few lbs since starting to lift, but have definitely decreased most of my measurements :)
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    5'2" 138lbs
    NROLFW - Just finishing Stage 2
    UK10 in trousers UK8 in tops.

I'm still trying to lose weight and fat though as I'm still in the overweight category for my height and I have loads of flab on my belly and thighs that can go.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Started and finished nrol4w now on a split
    I'm 5'11.5" 158.4 lbs as of this morning currently bulking though
    Bf% around 20
    UK 14 in trousers 12 in tops
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    5'3 & 58kg (127 lb)

I think my BF is around 24% - no sign of a six pack yet unfortunately though I have veins popping out at the moment so I am either super dehydrated at the moment or my body fat is lower than I think.

Australian Size 8 Bottom Size 10 Top

I am not really following a specific program at the moment. I had a PT for over a year and pretty much run through the routines he gave me and just try to go progressively heavier.
  • gemmyjamjam
    gemmyjamjam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What weights do you guys do? Like for squats, deadlifts etc?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I do my own program and I use compound lifts, not isolation lifts. The heavier the better.

I haven't lost a whole lot of weight since starting but I sure have dropped a few dress sizes.

I am about a size 10 now which is smaller than I used to wear in highschool. I'm 5'7", 157 lbs looking to go to 150 lbs.

Edited to add info.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    5'9" 160lbs. I do a modified version of Stronglifts.
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same stats as you - just under 5'7, hovering around 160. I'm currently doing 5/3/1, and like it a lot because it's manageable and still challenging. I also incorporate cardio into my workouts (usually elliptical or sprints on the treadmill).

I know how you feel about the number, but I have definitely seen changes in the way my clothes have been fitting - much looser than they used to be! Plus, I feel like a badass when I lift, so it's worth it.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    5'8 - 173lb (current) - I do NROL4W and love every minute of it.... ok except lunges... I do ZERO cardio..cuz I hate it :bigsmile:
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    190, 5 foot eff all and I do 5/3/1. My weight hasn't changed much over the last year, but my body sure has. I've seriously stopped caring about the number on the scale. I'm the happiest and most comfortable with myself I've ever been, and that's FAR more important than a number :flowerforyou:
  • 0nehappyheart
    Options
    Bump!
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    5', 123 lb, 27% BF (based on measurements), NROLW
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    5'2
    130lbs

Finished bulking and now cutting so I think my weight will drop to around 120ish although I don't care much about the number anymore :)

No one should ever look at the numbee but at the way they look and how they feel about it!

On a completely unrelated note; I am completely jealous of your incredible badonkadonk.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 134ish
    Size: 4-6

Currently doing Kris Gethin's 12 week program, trying to get the last bits of fat off.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Can you guys say what kind of program or whatever you do, (like NROL etc), your height, your weight, and your size?
    Because I find my weight very heavy for my size and I was wondering if other lifters have the same thing maybe it'll help me feel better about my number!

I'm about 160 at 5'7 and you can see my pics, I do NROL, i've done it through once and about to start stage 4 for the second time

I'm 5'3" and 150 pouunds. I started at 180 and the first six months or so lost the 30 pounds (that was last year), I haven't lost anything but the loss and gain of the same 5 pounds for a few months. But I have gone from a size 12 to a size 8 in the last year.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    5'2
    130lbs

On a completely unrelated note; I am completely jealous of your incredible badonkadonk.

word...
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options

I'm 5'3" and 150 pouunds. I started at 180 and the first six months or so lost the 30 pounds (that was last year), I haven't lost anything but the loss and gain of the same 5 pounds for a few months. But I have gone from a size 12 to a size 8 in the last year.

That is awesome :) I'm also focused on changing my mentality to rely less on the scale, and more on how my clothes fit. I can definitely see a difference, and so can the people around me. Plus, I have some ab shadows, woot! 5/3/1 has given me some definite ab strength.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 148 lbs. I started with 5/3/1, but started SL 5x5 three weeks ago. I prefer it and enjoy getting more work in.