My nutrition

Ok, so I'm new to the bulking up thing..Im 31 yrs old but been pretty skinny my whole life,then I got married and started working
at a steel mill and started putting on weight in 2 years I went from
160 to 200 but I think it all went to my stomach,Im wanting to bulk up to about 220
..basically my question when im counting calories
and protein intake and all that other stuff and I go over on some and barely hit others
is that ok? Or does it have to be spot on..Idk never really worked out before..And im just assuming since im bulking up
going over wouldn't matter since im trying to reach a certain weight anyway.idk..Any answers?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    By bulk, are you intending to build a bit of muscle? Depends on your body fat percentage on whether or not a bulk would benefit you (to my understanding). Do you have a heavy lifting routine in place? I would check out the group Eat, Train, Progress. Read the stickies and go through a few pages, you should find info on others curious about bulking/cutting
  • Yes trying to gain muscle,I've started lifting as well for a few weeks now,lifting 5sets for 5 reps on my 5th rep being hard to do
    while still getting it done with good form. M-W-F I do legs chest and back T-T I do Biceps triceps and shoulders,following the same procedure of sets and reps.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Seconded for looking into Eat, Train, Progress. Lots of good info there.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Do you have a program? If not, highly recommend strong lifts 5x5 or even 5/3/1. You will definitely get more benefit from an already built program than making up your own. I only say this because for quite a few months I did random stuff and now with a program, I can see huge improvements. :)
  • guytr
    guytr Posts: 26
    I don't know but maybe youll find out here: http://www.simplyshredded.com/?s=bulking
  • Sounds like eat train progress is where ill be looking! Thank you all! Looking forward to sharing
    my progress! ???? Have a Hard training day !Get some!