p90x

Options
So, I'm starting p90x tomorrow. Has anyone else completed this successfully? I'm not in my best shape, is it going to take tons out of me?

Replies

• zimmerem
    zimmerem Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week two tomorrow and yes, it's hard, I'm not gonna lie. lol. But it really is a high when you complete it, which is addicting. It's also great when you can do something that you couldn't do last time.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Thank you. I expect it to be hard, but I am looking forward to it. I can't do a push up to save my life...so hopefully as time progresses, I'll be able to do at least that. Can I add you?
  • zimmerem
    Options
    I could only do "girl" pushups when I started, now I can do a few real ones. lol. And for sure you can add me. I warn you, I'm very bad at completing my food diary, though I do watch what I eat carefully. :smile:
  • Stratt3000
    Options
    Hi.. P90X is for sure a tough (but fulfilling) fotness routine. I've just finished the program and have jumped right into another 90 days right away.

A few tips... track everything. Make lot of notes like Tony says.. was the weight too much? Was I really giving my all today? This will help in the long run as you'll always know how you did before and you'll really see your progress.
    Track your measurements as well and really stick to the diet plan for maximum results.

I started the program using resistance bands and have switched to free weights. I can tell you from experience that the bands work great. You may need a few different sizes though to find the right resistance.

Plyo and Yoga are probably the two hardest videos of the whole bunch believe it or not..lol

Enjoy and reach out if you have any other questions. Be sure to bring it!!
  • she_who
    she_who Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my husband and I did it last year. We went on vacation about 4 days before it ended and then fell off the wagon. To answer your question, it will take about as much out of you as you put into it. For us the major issue was the time commitment. Getting started, and doing all of the scheduled exercises took about 2 hours/day. We're doing it again and doing much better. Though we're only doing 4x/week (3x weights and 1 other) so that we don't burn out. I expect progress will be slower because we're doing 1/3 less, but I think it will make it easier for us to stick with it. :smile:

Edit: My picture is the first 60 days. I was following the p90x diet.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've completed it a few times now over the years.

When you first begin remember to modify. You will get stronger and the program does work if you follow it.

Good luck! :smile:
  • Artaxia
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am looking forward to it. I was doing Tae Bo with Billy Blanks but I fell off the bandwagon when exams came up. I'm really excited to start. So the videos are 2 hours long? Do you guys do this in the morning or evening? I have a little infant, so I'm trying to figure out if I should do this at night or during the early morning hours. :)

I'll be starting out with girl pushups too ;)
  • zimmerem
    Options

Plyo and Yoga are probably the two hardest videos of the whole bunch believe it or not..lol

I totally agree! Yoga is a killer! You need to be strong for all those vinyasas. lol. And if you aren't, which is the case for most of us starting out, you will be by the end of it!
  • Artaxia
    Options
    I am looking forward to starting this, this evening. After my little one decides to sleep. ;) He's trying to close my laptop as we speak.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am about to start X3 after the new year, and I'm really excited. I like how Tony modifies everything so if you can't handle it, just modify until you get stronger. It's all about progress :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you do this program, make sure you follow their caloric recommendations instead of MFP. Below is the link. You don't look like you have a lot to lose so either select the last few lbs or some weight.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs
  • Artaxia
    Options
    thank you! I was trying to figure out my TDEE and try to figure it out from there, but I got a little confused. I plan on having to modify for at least one to two weeks. I hope that after that point in time, I will be able to do the exercises correctly. :)