Jillian's Natural Whey Protein - HELP

Options
ok, I've thought about buying this for months.
Now that I am lifting weights and working out more....
I bought it! WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?
I heard put a frozen banana in it? do I freeze the banana with the peel on or off???

Please give me lots of suggestions!!!!!!
Thanks so much in advance!! I want to make a shake in the morning after bootcamp!! =)

Replies

• mrskern06
    mrskern06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to peel a bunch of bananas and cut or break them into smaller chunks and freeze them on a cookie sheet. Then once they are frozen, you have to pull them or scrape them off of the cookie sheet and then you can put them into Ziploc bags in the freezer to keep them frozen. They are very good to put into a smoothie or even have as a frosty frozen sweet treat!! So nice and handy to drop into the blender! It's very hard to get a peel off of a frozen banana or to blend a whole frozen banana or break a whole frozen banana into smaller pieces!! Can you tell I have done all of those things??? LoL. Good luck~
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the info!!! :drinker:
    I'm heading to the kitchen to peel banana's!! :laugh:
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    well, this does not have anything to do with bananas but i love her vanilla cream protein powder, i put frozen fruit in it, nonfat yogurt or even just water, ice, the powder and crytal light raspberry ice and blend it, its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i want a little more i add the yogurt. yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    that sounds good too! I don't have any strawberries right now, but thought I could throw some Strawberry Activia in it with my banana!! =) I can't wait to get up and go to the gym at 4:30am tomorrow now , just so I can come home and try a shake!!!! lol
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    get frozen strawberries/berries girl! they are just as good!!!!!!!!!!!!

let us know how it went!
  • mrskern06
    mrskern06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the info!!! :drinker:
    I'm heading to the kitchen to peel banana's!! :laugh:

You're welcome!! You are doing awesome. I love being on here and seeing everyone working so hard to be healthy and fit. It's very inspiring!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I don't have Jillians brand, but I do have Dymatize ISO 100 in Vanilla. It is 100% Hydrolized Whey Isolate and has zero sugar, zero carbs, and low fat. Mmmmm....
    I used to add tons of fillers in with my shakes like frozen fruit, but I realized that it is pretty good on its own, with some water. The less water you use, the creamier and yummier it will be. I mix one scoop of powder with 4 oz of ice cold water. Tastes like melted vanilla ice cream...and only 106 calories!!!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ok, I've thought about buying this for months.
    Now that I am lifting weights and working out more....
    I bought it! WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?
    I heard put a frozen banana in it? do I freeze the banana with the peel on or off???

Please give me lots of suggestions!!!!!!
    Thanks so much in advance!! I want to make a shake in the morning after bootcamp!! =)

I guess it depends on what flavor it is. I use Syntha-6 after my workouts and I just take a scoop in a baggy and mix it with water in my shaker cup at the gym. If I'm home and use it, I mix it with skim milk.