Acai Berry Juice

Options
I am adding 2 TBSP of pure Acai berry juice to my program as well as safflower oil. Has anyone else tried this and what are your results?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I think it was Dr. Oz that said the Acai berry health claims are false. There is no proof of it helping with weight loss, and is in fact, used by natives for calories.
  • CathyMcleod
    Options
    Well thanks so much for your quick reply!
  • chefdmc
    Options
    Great antioxidant. But calories are calories. You wanna add something non-caloric to your diet to boost metabolism? Ceyanne pepper.
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I chew an Acai tablet once a day. I don't know that it did anything for my weight loss, but it helps my immune system. (or maybe I just think it does!!) I am much healthier when I take it.:smile: Plus, the kind I take (although pricier) is yummy, so I tell myself I'm eating a Starburst. :tongue:
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about Acai berry, but I use Goji juice for the antioxidants and health values. I don't think it helps me lose weight, but I know that I don't get sick (probably less than once per year since I started) and if I do get sick, I am over it really fast. I think these juices help your immune system more than anything by balancing out your body. About the only thing different between them is the concentration of the antioxidants in each type of berry and how the juices are prepared.
  • CathyMcleod
    Options
    Thank you!