1500 cal goal and little exercise? Add me :)

Options
Hello! I am looking for MFP friends that have similar daily calorie goal and have a sedentary or lightly active life style, that log in a daily basis. I eat pretty normal food, I just control my portions. Anyone is welcome to add me, but you are specially welcome if you have similar habits. :)
A little about me: I am 5'6 (168 cm) and my current weight is 153.2 pounds (about 69 kg), would like to go down to about 138 pounds.
Feel free to add me!

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    1500 cal is probably just your basic BMR. which is ok but on a sedentary lifestyle. but to go down to 132, you might want to skip a meal like breakfast or which ever you prefer and that will help you out. I dont know if it make sense to you, msg me if you have Qs.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1400 and I'm lightly active. Added!!!
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
  • Poods71
    Options
    1500 cal is probably just your basic BMR. which is ok but on a sedentary lifestyle. but to go down to 132, you might want to skip a meal like breakfast or which ever you prefer and that will help you out. I dont know if it make sense to you, msg me if you have Qs.

Don't know about that. And I certainly wouldn't recommend skipping meals. I am on 1600, the most exercise I get is a bit of walking when I get the chance. I am only 5 ft 2.5 inches and I am losing on that. Not loads admittedly but I don't want to as I am pretty much at goal.
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Edit: lol decided to subscribe to eatmoreweighless, sorry, I no longer qualify!

1600 goal, 5'4 @183ish lbs, so I'm quite a bit heavier but our goal cals are close. I've only been doing this for a fortnight
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options

Don't know about that. And I certainly wouldn't recommend skipping meals. I am on 1600, the most exercise I get is a bit of walking when I get the chance. I am only 5 ft 2.5 inches and I am losing on that. Not loads admittedly but I don't want to as I am pretty much at goal.

by skipping breakfast a few times a week will set you in calorie deficit. which will be easier not to go over calories weekly. weekends are great to go eat anything without worrying gaining unwanted weight. fasting also helps the immune system.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hey
    I am struggling most days to consume over 1,000 calories. I train very hard and burn anything from 1,200 to 1,500 calories daily.
  • goodnamegone
    Options

Why does she need to message you?
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Your BMR is just what you expend daily no matter what. Add in a sedentary lifestyle plus any/if any activity and thats your TDEE. She does not need to skip anything, she is already at a deficit.

If she laid in the bed the whole day and did nothing then you would be right.
  • Poods71
    Options

by skipping breakfast a few times a week will set you in calorie deficit. which will be easier not to go over calories weekly. weekends are great to go eat anything without worrying gaining unwanted weight. fasting also helps the immune system.

I'm not against fasting. I lost the biggest amount of my weight doing the IF diet but I just think for a lot of people skipping a meal ends ups making them eat even more later because they are so hungry but it depends on the person. What I was really pointing out is that the cals she is eating should be good enough to lose weight especially if I am losing eating 1600 and I am way shorter than her.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Here I am! 5'9 CW:165 GW:150 ... I try and work out at least 4 times a week and eat normal. I AM trying to improve though.