MFP Biking Group 7/21/2008

Options

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Here is me and my bike. I know all of you are just sitting on the edge of your seats to see it!!! NOT! But here it is anyway.
    50f53a3b072848a5_large.jpg
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Steff,

WAY TO GO! Sounds like a good ride--I've gotten lost around here, too, and ended up going more than I had originally planned. I hate those roads that have no signs!

Hoping to get back on the bike tomorrow after being out of town for 2 days.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nice picture, Bamboo! I love my TREK... they make great bikes!

And in case anybody is following along. I'm currently riding my 1985 Peugeot but I have a 1989 TREK 1400 as well.

I feel so old ... both of my bikes are "vintage" and I can remember when I bought them new. :sad:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Nice bike Bamboo!

A friend of mine had a Peugotm wa the first dream road bike I have ever seen. That was a few years ago:blushing: But they were great bikes back them. Did not know they sold them here in the US too.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Mon am - 11 miles & walked 3 miles
    Mon pm - walked/ran 4.55 miles
    Tuesday am - 12.2 miles & walked 3 miles
    Weds - no biking, went to the gym due to weather:frown: (I like the sunshine better)!
    Thursday -10 miles

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy behind on my goal of 100 miles this week. I will probably go out and ride this evening though. And we have a long ride planned for Saturday morning (weather permitting)
  • shorerider
    Options
    I wanted to get out today but it's raining off and on--so hopefully tomorrow!
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I rode my 6 miles yesterday. I'm playing with maps to discover new places to ride - that I can get to from home. I don't have a bike rack for the car, so I'm getting bored of the same subdivisions!:happy:
    I'll ride again tomorrow and Saturday - still trying to hit the 20 mile mark for this week. I'm also walking 30-45 minutes on days I'm not riding my bike. My teen+ daughters are really surprised I'm keeping up wtih this. It's great to have a group to report to!
    For a kick - visit You Tube and enter key words Newberry Family Bicycle 08 and watch the music video my family made this past June. I thought it'd be appropriate for a bicycling group! :blushing:
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    After riding 75 miles last weekend I took 3 days off to rest from the saddle "ouch", road today 20 miles.. great ride, hot as heck!

I've done the MS 150 before, by myself and on a tandem with the hubby,... great ride!

" Just keep pedaling"
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Weds - no biking, went to the gym due to weather (I like the sunshine better)!
    Thursday -22.9 miles
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Thursday -22.9 miles
    Friday am - 10.6 miles
  • shorerider
    Options
    Finally! I got back on my bike today--and it was beautiful. Not too hot, humidity not too bad, no wind!

Anyway--got in 33.5 miles today.

That makes 57.5 miles for the week :cry: No where near what I had hoped but losing those 2 days out of town messed me up.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that Sunday was not included in the weekly challenge but it is, right? I was concerned about hitting my target this week since it doesn't look like we're going to have time to ride this Saturday. But if Sunday is included then I just may make it.

I actually rode my bike to work today!! 13 miles so far. At least I should be able to get another 13. That's a gallon of gas so there's $4 and I got a nice workout ... bonus!!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I've been going with the challenge from Monday to Monday. I don't ride on Sunday but you're welcome to!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    I just got home from the orthopedist. I have been having some foot trouble the last few months...enough that I gave up running completely and I had just started feeling good about it when all this happened.

I don't do the doctor thing very well so I ignored the pain thinking it would go away...it didn't. So today I went. He pushed on my heel (very hard) and it hurt so bad that I came up off the table!! I have plantar fasciitis. He wanted to give me a cort. shot but told me it would hurt BAD especially in my heel and i said NO WAY! I don't do pain well either. So he gave me some anti inflam. and I have three days of PT for the next three weeks. UGH! He said if that didn't help then the shot. I politely told him that in order for that to happen he would have to give me some really GOOD drugs...in fact, he might as well just knock me out. I think he thought I was joking, but I don't joke with doctors about pain!!

He also said, chill on the exercise. I asked if I could still ride my bike and thankfully he said yes since I don't use my heel to pedal.

I don't like being "broken"!
  • shorerider
    Options
    I just got home from the orthopedist. I have been having some foot trouble the last few months...enough that I gave up running completely and I had just started feeling good about it when all this happened.

I don't do the doctor thing very well so I ignored the pain thinking it would go away...it didn't. So today I went. He pushed on my heel (very hard) and it hurt so bad that I came up off the table!! I have plantar fasciitis. He wanted to give me a cort. shot but told me it would hurt BAD especially in my heel and i said NO WAY! I don't do pain well either. So he gave me some anti inflam. and I have three days of PT for the next three weeks. UGH! He said if that didn't help then the shot. I politely told him that in order for that to happen he would have to give me some really GOOD drugs...in fact, he might as well just knock me out. I think he thought I was joking, but I don't joke with doctors about pain!!

He also said, chill on the exercise. I asked if I could still ride my bike and thankfully he said yes since I don't use my heel to pedal.

I don't like being "broken"!

k1ocray.gif

I'm so sorry! But at least you can still ride your bike, right? And, that's the only "true" exercise anyway!!
  • stschulz
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Bamboo. i don't do doctor's well either.

Hope it get's better soon.
  • shorerider
    Options
    got in another 26 miles this morning--

That makes 83.5 miles for the week--not too bad.
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    Well, I broke my own distance record today. I did 40 miles this morning with my hubby. That is the most for me. I lived to tell about it. YEAH!!!

Thursday -22.9 miles
    Friday am - 10.6 miles
    Saturday 40
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am not riding but still losing weight. My new job is beginning to feel more "normal" and I am about to start riding to work on my bike. I just have to figure out how to get there and be clean and dry in this humid heat and then change into my "non biking clothes." I am looking forward to having a nice ride in the morning. I don't know how far I'll go. I have been leaving for work at 9am and getting home at 8:30pm, so not much daylight in the evening. My biking buddies have decided to form another group, due to their evening schedules, and so I am riding alone again. :brokenheart: I'll see what I can crank out tomorrow.
  • stschulz
    Options
    Wow Bamboo! Great job!:flowerforyou: