Thunder Thighs?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you think 21 inches is thunder thighs, then maybe you are very short? Proportionally, 21 inches is not big at all on a taller person. I wouldn't even think they were that huge on a shorter person. My thighs are 21 inches and to me, they're crazy awesome. No way those babies are thunderous.

My 21 inch "thunder thighs":

e306c1ff-d22a-4ede-8206-6ca577619807_zpsc9891ac9.jpg
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new pair of size 2 jeans today with my 21 inch thighs, op.
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    When I started in July they measured 25.5.

Now they are 19.5

21 inches are relatively small. Perhaps you are playing old tapes in your head. Worn out tapes that need to be thrown in the trash. Tapes that serve you no good purpose.:flowerforyou:
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like big thighs....legs, butt, boobs...lol
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    21" . I crush man's skull like sparrow's egg between thighs.

I am laughing my head off at you!! Hilarious!:laugh:
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    26 but I love them!! I just want more muscle on them than what I have and I'll be set. Even though I've always has larger thighs I've never had cellulite and when I started lifting it completely changed the shape of them.
  • Crucibella
    Crucibella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    26. I call them my trunks, but I've found that a lot of guys seem to dig em. *shrug* it's all about preference and perspective. I actually had an ex write me once,
    "Looks like you're losing weight skinny minny, definitely lookin' sexy. Hope those thighs aren't going anywhere though."

It cracked me up because while I sat there groaning that no matter how much weight I lose, my pants fit awkwardly due to these thighs, (Large thighs and hips with an unequally smaller waist makes for annoying pants shopping) apparently they're one of my memorable features. It gave me inspiration to make these big ol' things something to be proud of rather than my suffering.

Work towards making those thighs strong, focus less about the inches. It's definitely helped me with my self conscious issues in this area. <3
  • As far as I can tell with my ruler at work, 30.5. Stop whining :P
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    At last measurement mine were 30". I have very strong legs, and I love that, but I would certainly love to know what it's like to have 21" legs. :)
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    If you think 21 inches is thunder thighs, then maybe you are very short? Proportionally, 21 inches is not big at all on a taller person. I wouldn't even think they were that huge on a shorter person. My thighs are 21 inches and to me, they're crazy awesome. No way those babies are thunderous.

My 21 inch "thunder thighs":

e306c1ff-d22a-4ede-8206-6ca577619807_zpsc9891ac9.jpg

Mine are 21," also...I'm 5'2." Funny how YOURS appear normal, and mine do not. I'm also in a U.S. size 4/6 pants, but, apparently, I need to be a 0/2. :ohwell:
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    I have nothing handy to measure them with right now so not sure but I've always been very self conscious about my thighs. It's definitely my biggest "problem area" in my own opinion. In the past when I have lost weight it's always been the last place where I have seen real change as well which is frustrating. I have also been told by boyfriends throughout the years that they like them though.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I think my belly, hips, and butt are more of an issue, these days...
  • kellylyric
    kellylyric Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    26 1/2 and they are the most hated part of my body! I wish they would melt away!!!
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine are 21," also...I'm 5'2." Funny how YOURS appear normal, and mine do not. I'm also in a U.S. size 4/6 pants, but, apparently, I need to be a 0/2. :ohwell:

I don't think there's any "need" about it... And if I had 21" thighs, I would rejoice endlessly.

ETA: Comparing your thighs to someone else's is the best way to make you feel bad. :frown:
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone because I've been-there-done-that with this type of stuff but I'm telling you - the "size of your thighs" is the least of y'all's worries....

The problem here, is your image of yourself - not your thighs. I hear a lot of hatred, shame, and self-disgust in this thread. It's extremely sad to watch.

Here is a sad fact: You can work and work and work on your thighs, starve yourself, do a thousand leg presses, finally get down to that magic number of thigh-inches, even finally look like a supermodel....and guess what? You will STILL....hate your thighs.

Why? Because you didn't work on your head and you didn't work on your heart. Those two places are where EVERYTHING begins. Where EVERYTHING gets fixed. The smaller thighs are nothing but the icing on the cake.

My suggestion: Work on your self-image harder than you are on your thighs. Figure that out FIRST, lay the foundation of emotional health, and then watch yourself soar with happiness and healthiness as you whittle your body down to your goal weight/size.

Here's the magic of that: even if you don't achieve that "perfection" you dreamed of - you won't care... Because now you love yourself too much to be that hard on yourself, that perfectionistic, that critical. You'll give yourself grace, and you'll love the skin you're in.

THAT is the goal. :) I challenge you all to accept it!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

I don't think there's any "need" about it... And if I had 21" thighs, I would rejoice endlessly.

ETA: Comparing your thighs to someone else's is the best way to make you feel bad. :frown:

True that.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    26" I'm trying to embrace them!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone because I've been-there-done-that with this type of stuff but I'm telling you - the "size of your thighs" is the least of y'all's worries....

The problem here, is your image of yourself - not your thighs. I hear a lot of hatred, shame, and self-disgust in this thread. It's extremely sad to watch.

Here is a sad fact: You can work and work and work on your thighs, starve yourself, do a thousand leg presses, finally get down to that magic number of thigh-inches, even finally look like a supermodel....and guess what? You will STILL....hate your thighs.

Why? Because you didn't work on your head and you didn't work on your heart. Those two places are where EVERYTHING begins. Where EVERYTHING gets fixed. The smaller thighs are nothing but the icing on the cake.

My suggestion: Work on your self-image harder than you are on your thighs. Figure that out FIRST, lay the foundation of emotional health, and then watch yourself soar with happiness and healthiness as you whittle your body down to your goal weight/size.

Here's the magic of that: even if you don't achieve that "perfection" you dreamed of - you won't care... Because now you love yourself too much to be that hard on yourself, that perfectionistic, that critical. You'll give yourself grace, and you'll love the skin you're in.

THAT is the goal. :) I challenge you all to accept it!

It wasn't until I worked on my head that I was able to lose any weight. This IS the improved version of me. LOL!

Assuming that you had the same negative self-talk previously, how did you overcome it and learn to love your body?
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    A huge ol 28 inchers, but I've never got them under 25 even at my lightest.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    At least 32", here and I hate you all :P No actually I don't :) I like my thighs, could be slimmer but I love them just the same :)