im so depressed

Options
i thought exercise was supposed to make me happy like im so depressed i cant even binge today im at 605 calories for the day

Replies

• PocketNaomi
    Options
    Exercise does release endorphins, but that won't always overcome enough depression. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad day. Good for you for deciding not to binge anyway -- that takes guts, and you should be proud of yourself. I hope the depression lifts soon.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure you're eating enough carbs. 2. Go for a nice leisurely walk outside in the sun (if you don't have sun, just get fresh air).
  • serena22289
    serena22289 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Exercise releases endorphins which do improve your mood but it's not always enough. If it's clinical depression than you may have to go to a doctor to get a prescription and therapy. My mom has been taking her prescription for years and it's helped her so much. Is it that or are you depressed about something in particular? Often times just talking something out with a friend helps put the problem in perspective and not seem so overwhelming.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Not sure how long you have been exercising, but I know for myself it has improved my daily outlook. I am on antidepressants and have been able to half them as a result of my weight loss and new exercise regime. I encourage you to seek medical treatment if your depression continues. IT can be helped. H U G S.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    eh im used to coping with depression but idk i just had a really bad day like i cant eat cuz im so eh but i know i need the calories and i cant get sick cuz then i wont finish insanity on time and idk what to do.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Eating all your calories isn't a binge. I took a peek at your diary, and I think maybe you should eat a bigger variety of produce- it proly won't combat full on depression might help you feel more satisfied and in control. Vitamins and nutrients come from your food so try not to depend so much on fast food.
  • Losetheweightnat
    Losetheweightnat Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We all have our ups and downs. Sometimes I feel like that too. A change in scenery always does the trick and a good laugh or hug from a friend or favorite show/movie... Hope you feel better. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • xXTimnXx
    xXTimnXx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise you like. I tried all sorts of things and found myself in the same boat as you. I found the Iron Gym pull-up bar and for some reason pull-ups clicked with me. Now I actually look forward and can't wait to exercise.
  • mkakowski
    mkakowski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear your feeling so down. But weight loss is a journey. You're going to have great days and bad ones. You have to know that in the long run you're making changes and learning about yourself. Good for you for not binge eating. Today I didn't log all my calories nor did I exercise. And now I feel blah. Tomorrow I won't make that mistake. I'm going to start over and hopefully tomorrow you'll continue on the right path also. Good luck and please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mccorml
    Options
    i know what im trying to say is i couldnt binge if i wanted too im full from what ive eaten
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    1: HAVE A STEAK, EAT SOME PROTEIN, EAT MORE CALORIES.

2: EAT MORE THAN 100 CALORIE YOGURT FOR BREAKFAST. THAT IS NOT GOING TO FUEL YOU THROUGH INSANITY.

3: TAKE A VITAMIN B3 SUPPLEMENT. THAT WILL HELP WITH DEPRESSION.

4: DON'T IGNORE NUMBERS ONE THRU THREE.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    If you are doing Insanity, you really need those calories.

I've had many bouts with depression, I know how tough that is. It has helped me to journal (write it all down). Some of my pages and pages of journals are just a bunch of gibberish to me now: but it was important to get it out.

If you don't have a good friend or family member to talk to, try writing. I am single with no family and really don't want to talk with friends about Everything, ya know?

You'll be okay (((hug))) :flowerforyou:
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Are there any foods that are soothing to you, like some creamy mashed potatoes or something to kick up your serotonin a little bit? (Carbs are good for boosting serotonin and help with mood.) Also taking omega-3 supplements will help a bit with depression. Hug for you-- please take care of yourself and get enough to eat, or you may feel worse.
  • edorice
    Options
    Are there any foods that are soothing to you, like some creamy mashed potatoes or something to kick up your serotonin a little bit? (Carbs are good for boosting serotonin and help with mood.)

That leads to emotional eating. Which would reverse his weight loss progress and make him even more depressed.
  • mccorml
    Options
    i managed to kick my calories up for dinner i had some pre made black beans and rice and i just was like this is easy found some tortillas in the freezer kraft singles cheese and some louissiana hot sauce and had a fiesta i think i needed more carbs like that just to kick up my calories and my energy :D
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I suffered from depression and I took St Johns Wort for a while and it really helped... talk to your local naturopath or doc... =)

Keep your chin up... :smile: You will get there! :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    Options
    i managed to kick my calories up for dinner i had some pre made black beans and rice and i just was like this is easy found some tortillas in the freezer kraft singles cheese and some louissiana hot sauce and had a fiesta i think i needed more carbs like that just to kick up my calories and my energy :D

Glad you pushed through.