End Year Resolution

Options
This isn't my first go round at weight loss. I've struggled most of my adult life, with the exception of the 2 times I lost major weight, to only gain it back...plus some. I'm tired of making excuses and I've been denied for surgery...twice. It's time to take control and make a change MYSELF. I think it's so cliche to say I will make a New Year's Resolution to lose weight....so I'm making an End Year Resolution. My goal is to lose 2 pounds by January 1st. If I can get started in that direction, then I know 2014 will be my year! Good luck to all and Merry Christmas :smile:

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Sounds good and I'm sure you will. Good luck and remember you can be whatever and whoever you want to be. Make 2014 count!!
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretty reasonable goal! Good luck with your goals :flowerforyou:
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    It's a life choice...not a diet. It took me many many years to figure that out! I think its great that your making small goals for yourself. That's the best way to do it!

Keep tracking everything; even on days when you know you're over. You didn't gain it all in a day and you won't lose it all in one day.

I really hope you stick with it! Some days are better than others; but you will love the results. :) BEST OF LUCK!
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Also, I read this the other day that is can help to have a range with a low end (an attainable goal that still requires the effort, and therefor still imparts the feeling of accomplishment) and high end that is attainable, yet challenging (example, "I want to loose between "5 and 8lbs in the next..."

Either way, I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goal of 2lbs!
  • AshleySDJ
    AshleySDJ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ! I am kind of in the same boat, Never tried for surgery, But ALWAYS lose a good amount only to gain it all back! Good Luck with your End Year Resolution! :)
  • _Giselle_
    Options
    Sounds great to give yourself a head-start! Good luck!
  • vd_patterson
    vd_patterson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I only joined a little over a month ago, but wanted to wish you all the best as you set your goals, and achieve them.
  • caseym8750
    Options
    I'm also hoping to lose 3kgs by the start of next year. It's going to take a lot of willpower but I'm going to try to make Christmas more about catching up with family rather than gorging on food. Good luck!!