Ab exercises

Options
What are some good an exercises that aren't things like sit ups,Russian twists. My core is so weak I can't even do those things

Replies

• shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Try Pilates to strengthen your core. Keep in mind you will not be able to see your six pack until you get rid of the fat. You can't spot reduce.
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    try...
    - mountain climbers
    - hanging knee raise
    - hanging leg raise
    - burpees
    - hi knee jumps
    - pull ups / chin ups

do a little everytime. add 1 more rep as you get stronger.
    progression progression! youll get that core strength
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    planks

compound lifts/exercises like squats, deadlifts, pull ups/chin ups, push ups, etc.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    A russian twist is you sitting on the ground or bench and twisting your upper body left and right (usually with a weight plate being held). You can do it without the weight. If this is too difficult, there may be some severe mobility issues you need to have addressed by a physical therapist.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Planks work your core like crazy. I could barely do 20 seconds when I started this summer. I did two minutes 10 sec yesterday. Had some pretty stiff abs today! You wouldn't think simply holding still would be so much work.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Reg Planks and side planks
    Leg drops
    Crunches

all good body weight exercises
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    A russian twist is you sitting on the ground or bench and twisting your upper body left and right (usually with a weight plate being held). You can do it without the weight. If this is too difficult, there may be some severe mobility issues you need to have addressed by a physical therapist.

i thought a russian twist was a drink...
  • LaurenEllexx
    LaurenEllexx Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try some of those things