Looking for some support (and willing to give it)!

Options
Hello everyone. I'm Caity. I'm 26 and I just moved across the world from New York to New Zealand with my husband. I am having a very hard time adjusting and I'm feeling very alone. On top of all of this, my husband and I are also going through a rough time in our marriage which came out of the blue for me right after we moved here.

I have never felt so alone in my life and I really need some friends right now. I'm trying to be really optimistic and I have been focusing on losing weight to feel better about myself. Will you join me? I need some support and I'm willing to give it right back!

Keep smiling.

Replies

• MissEllie0426
    Options
    I know what it feels like to move away from family and friends (though not as far as you have traveled)and to feel lonely in a new place...I would be happy to share support with you!
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I have never been through what you are going through but I will be more than happy to give you support and also get support from you.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    I understand as well, though I am only 4 hours away from friends and family, it is difficult living daily life without that close network of support. Add me as a friend and we can make it to our goals together!! Good luck!!
  • ttungttung
    Options
    Welcome to NZ! Sending you a friend request :)
  • ctheslayer
    Options
    It takes courage to admit that they are going through a rough patch, even greater courage to share it in a public forum like this.

I am more than happy to share good vibes with you. If you need some NZ humor, try out some Flight of the Conchords music. They are always good for a laugh or two.

Hang in there and keep smiling!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I know what it is like being away from everything you know and love. I'll be your friend iffin ya like :-)
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hey same here-willing to give support and I sure need it too.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone.

ctheslayer, thank you. I was pretty hesitant to post all of this here but the first step to overcoming anything is truly and openly admitting you need help. I've always believed that and it has helped me a lot in the past, however hard it may be.

I love Flight of the Conchords! They definitely can bring a smile to my face. :)

I appreciate all the friend requests.
    It means a lot.
  • unsetreality
    Options
    Moving can be a cause for strain in any relationship. If you keep working at being honest and caring (at the same time) with each other, the stress will abate naturally over time. Remember this is as hard for him as it is for you (even if he doesnt show it). Good for you for trying to lose weight. Keep at it! You ARE NOT alone!
  • caitlinclock
    Options
    Thank you very much for your kind words and advice. It really is hard right now and he has pushed me away. I do know that he is suffering, though, and I know we are both worried about each other. All I can do is give him his space and be good and supportive to him. Making positive changes in my own life is something that I feel will help.
  • willirenefrazier
    Options
    Hang in there. I moved from Pennsylvania to Texas 11 years ago with my new husband. We have been through lots of challenges, and I do still miss my family. But, in time, you can make a new place your home. You seem to be definitely taking the right steps. Just continue to do things to make you feel good about yourself. Way better than wallowing in self pity (like I tend to do sometimes)! Take care.
  • caitlinclock
    Options
    Thank you very much. There are sure times when it is easy to feel sorry for myself but I'm trying to pull myself out of that kind of thought. The power of positive thinking is a strong thing.

Fake it until you make it! :)