Over 40 and looking to lose more than a few pounds...

Options
I'm not twenty, I did not just have a baby, I am trying to lose more than five pounds. Two years ago I was competing in obstacle course 5ks and LOVED IT. I would love to get back into that kind of shape!! I would love some support of some like minded peeps out there who have some of these same goals in common! My kids are grown and gone, I perform comedy, theater, am pretty active during the day and am adding exercise and better eating to my day. It's fun to keep track of each other and offer support!! I just find that a lot of people are younger and their goal weights are what I weighed in high school : ) Not to demean anyone's efforts...but I'd love some gals out there in my boat to join me!!

Replies

• 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey I am over fourty with a good amount of weight to lose...you can add me :-)
  • addeatley
    Options
    OK...I'm in! I started training a year ago for obstacle course races. I need to stay on task because we intend to run at least two in the coming season. This time of year, it becomes more and more difficult to stick with it.
  • Yael1733
    Options
    Over 50 here, kids grown, too, and have lost over 130 but still have more to go. Haven't done a 5k in awhile but hope to ride a century next summer.
  • hopedangling
    Options
    Wow Yael!!! 130 pounds!! You rock!!
  • hopedangling
    Options
    wow! Awesome!! I did two my first year...and looked up some for 2014 today...and want to do a straight 5k too, for training. It really motivates me to have a schedule/goal.
  • jenniferhajhaj
    jenniferhajhaj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am over 40 and found out how much work it to lose that extra 20 I gained in my twenties. I've never had babies so no excuses here except emotional eating and not enough exercise to cover it. You can add me. I am using the food diary and doing P90x. Today I went rock climbing in a harness. Not something I would have attempted a couple months ago. It is not so much the number on the scale but how I feel and the way my clothes are starting to fit me. Sounds like you are on your way!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 55, just reached my goal of 51 pounds lost, and am getting back into running for the first time in over a decade. This past September I climbed 110 flights of stairs in our local 9/11 Memorial Fitness Challenge (of the 116 participants who registered online, I was tied for sixth oldest). Am hoping to have a 5K under my belt by spring.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm in the second half of my 40s and have quite a bit more to lose than you do. I have on my bucket list for 2014 to start running and do 2 or more 5Ks. Feel free to add me.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm over 40 I run, ride horses and log on daily did real good for about a year then gained back about 10 lbs zeroed everything out and started over. I'm a coffee lover and enjoy life feel free to add for mutual support.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm in...looking for people my age too! nothing against my younger friends.:wink:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to try my first Warrior Dash this year in May, couple of weeks after my scheduled Half. Looks like a lot of fun, though Im sure I wont be setting any PR's
  • tonicandgin
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 46 been on here almost 2 years, I believe support is very important in helping reach our goals, please feel free to add me:)
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've been here for a while and I'm currently training for the Spartan Trifecta (All three races in one year) add me if you like.
  • hopedangling
    Options
    wow!! Rock climbing! Sounds so fun! I am supposed to go snow boarding in three weeks!! I feel like a huge tubby. But I'm working out and it will be just a great workout if nothing else! (albeit an EXPENSIVE one) I will friend you! Thanks for the comment!!
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Adding!!!
  • hopedangling
    Options
    Gotcha Good!!!!