NSV - I can run!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Options
Ive just ran my first 5k ( 3.1m approx) on my treadmill this morning - 35mins 37secs Im soooooooo proud of myself!!! WooHooo!!!! Ive only recently completed the nhs C25K sessions but i was only running at 5mph so i wasnt actually completing the 3.1miles ( only about 2.5miles) over the sessions which are 30mins long, so this last week i've managed to increase my speed to 5.2mph and then run the last couple of minutes at 6mph ( which feels like a SPRINT to me atm lol) and last night i thought, its about time i actually ran 5k...and so i did !!! I don't have the confidence to run outside yet as im a large lady still ( 15st 4) but i love running and can't wait to be able to run 5k in under 30 mins :)

Replies

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic - well done you!
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congratulations!! :)
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! It makes me want to try and run now... I've been on the elliptical for so long saying I wanted to get in a little better shape before I tried running, but it may be time! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great Job Lady :)
  • Whyareyoumad
    Whyareyoumad Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a very nice milestone.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Well done!

If you do decide to start running outside make the transition from the treadmill gradually, your running mechanics are quite different but (if you're like many other runners) you'll get so much more enjoyment running outside - as you can see from my profile picture some of us are crazy enough to run outside all year 'round!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you. :smile:
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    We all start somewhere. Been there, done it and now ten minutes faster over three miles. Keep going!
  • rachjenn
    Options
    well done - that's fab news!!!!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Impressive :D Congratulations! When I first started weight loss I couldn't run 60 seconds without having to stop, when I finally ran 5k I was so proud of myself & I'm sure this is how you're feeling now!

You have done amazingly - you'll be running marathons in no time :wink:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I hope to join you in the running ranks soon.
  • TheSaoirseTree
    TheSaoirseTree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great job! You've gotten through the hardest part, now it only gets better!
  • Tuili
    Tuili Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm at the beginning of the C25K routine, week 3. I hope to be running a 5K for my 51st birthday in March. Running outside is the best!!
  • ProMooch
    ProMooch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great work, well done! :)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! I still can't jog at 5mph on the treadmill and I weigh less than you. Your drive is incredible. Keep it up.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That is great! You sound just like me. I run at 5.2 and amp it up to the end for my 1 mile warm up. I have never been able to run 3 miles more than 4.5 ... Keep up the good work. You give me something to strive for

50540473.png
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Caution: running has proven to be enjoyable and addictive. Side effects include sweating, red face, shortness of breath, feelings of euphoria, and sense of accomplishment. Should these side effects continue, forget the doctor and keep running.

Great work! I know I felt the same way when I finished my first 5k on the C25K program.
    Congrats on your accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!