New to MFP - weight loss before getting pregnant

Options
Hello!

I am new to MFP! My goal is to lose 60-80lbs. I don't want my weight to hinder my chances of getting pregnant or cause any complications with pregnancy. My husband and I are going to start trying for next winter and I hope to lose some weight by then. Any support through this journey would be appreciated! Good luck to all!

Replies

• Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello Hella,
    welcome to MFP. i am currently trying to lose weight too before getting pregnant! i wanna lose 10-15 kgs

i will add you x
  • spuds1316
    spuds1316 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am looking to lose 60 lbs in order to have IVF treatment. I will send you a friend request and we can hopefully get there together!
  • hella84
    hella84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello arwaxx! Thanks for the add!
  • hella84
    Options
    Greetings, Spuds! Thanks for the add!
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    I had a same goal before we planned to get pregnant and I had lost 32 pounds last year.. and got pregnant :)
    Now I am a mom of 5 mo sweet little baby girl and I have gained 35 pounds during my pregnancy (I know thats a lot)
    I am back here to get rid of those 35 odd pounds..
    Hope u have a lovely and successful journey!
    Happy MFP'ing :)
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My husband and I have been TTC for the past 6 months. In that time I've had 2 miscarriages (and gained even more weight). I've put the baby making on hold until I get down to a healthy BMI and graduate school. :)
    Good luck!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My husband and I have been TTC for the past 6 months. In that time I've had 2 miscarriages (and gained even more weight). I've put the baby making on hold until I get down to a healthy BMI and graduate school. :)
    Good luck!

I'm sorry for your losses. Its so heartbreaking. But I don't want you to think you caused the miscarraiges by being overweight. These things happen sometimes and no one really knows why. When it happened to me I figured something must have been wrong or it would not have happened. Hang in there and you will have your baby someday. Best wishes.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

This is definitely the place to create a better lifestyle in a healthier way! Best wishes to you!
  • hella84
    Options
    Hello!

Good luck!

So very sorry to hear about your losses :(

You have great goals - a healthy bmi and graduating school are my top priorities, too. What are you going to school for?