The new me, Still feels like the old me!!!

Options
I started my weightloss journey about 2 months ago and I have lost 26lbs.. But I still feel like the fat person I was when this all started 2 months ago. I feel like giving up, all the hard work has not changed how I feel about my self. I thought I would be proud of ME!! I joined this site thinking that I was going to find supportive friends that would be honest. I have not found that, I feel like I am reaching out for support! I thought I would get that from this site but its not here. I am not sure what I am going to do now, I have been aiming for a goal, that I dont think I can reach. I wonder if I will ever feel good about what I see in the mirror....
Thank you for listening to my rant...

Replies

• Boony911
    Options
    26 lbs in 2 months...thats awesome! I just started this week, and I've lost 2 lbs...I hope I can be as successful as you. Keep up the great work, feel free to make me part of your support network. Since I'm new, I dont really know how to add people.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've lost 69 lbs and am JUST now starting to see a new me! I have 59 lbs to go.

Do you post and log everyday? I make it a PRIORITY to log in and post and have found a WONDERFUL support system. I can also count on my Facebook friends.
    I'm sorry you feel like you're not getting any support though; that's a big thing when needing to lose the weight..
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I posted this last week on a different thread but maybe this will help...
    Add me if you want-

"I was thinking this morning (which is dangerous as I've only had one cup of coffee) about all my MFPer's out there that seem to struggle with the motivation to stay "on track" with their weight loss goals. As I fancy myself an arm chair therapist I was pondering all the reasons why someone might not have the motivation to do what's necessary to live life healthy. This of course led me to think of all the reasons I put it off for years and years. And it boiled down to two: It's HARD and I didn't LOVE myself enough to do it. When I started this journey I chose to love myself (just) enough to feed my body the food it deserves. (I eventually got around to the exercise thing but to start it was just food).

SO I ask you... "Do you love yourself? Are you willing to put yourself first? Do you WANT this? Are you willing to OWN every moment of this journey? Are you willing to commit the rest of your life to YOU? To feeling better and living longer?" THEN DO IT.

LOVE YOURSELF!! This. I know, is easier said than done. How do you LEARN to love yourself? Do a daily devotion to yourself.
    You DESERVE this.TRY IT. For those of us with esteem issues this is VERY VERY difficult but very very necessary.

After your shower, stand buck nekked infront of the mirror. WITHOUT judging or saying ANYTHING negative choose a part of you that you LOVE and say it OUT LOUD and say why. (i.e. I love my thighs they are strong and they allow me to stand tall.) If you can't find anything positive to say stand there until you can. (or pick something easy to start, eyes, hair, lips, ears whatever) And then OUT LOUD repeat a few times "I am strong, I am beautiful and I am Loved." The trick here is looking yourself in the eye when you say this and mean it.

I'll tell you the first few times I did this I stood in the mirror unable to find a single positive thing to say about my body and cried. I avoided it for a few weeks and went back and tried it again. Same result. Eventually I was able to get through the whole thing and now I do it everyday. Not because I enjoy standing buck nekked in front of the mirror but it's an exercise for my head and my soul.

We all deserve to be healthy and we all deserve to love ourselves. I love you all my MFPers YOU ARE STRONG and YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! "
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    26 lbs in 2 months...thats awesome! I just started this week, and I've lost 2 lbs...I hope I can be as successful as you. Keep up the great work, feel free to make me part of your support network. Since I'm new, I dont really know how to add people.

go to a persons profile and there will be a box to "add as friend" click on it and all is done:)
  • lainey137
    Options
    The goals that you appear to have set are weight loss goals- perhaps you could add in some positivity goals too? For example

1) I will say something nice about myself 3 times per day- AND believe it.
    2) I will accept the positive comments that people give me and believe them.
    3) If I think negative thoughts about myself, I will consciously stop thinking about it, and start thinking positively instead.

Start with this....

26lbs lost is a fantastic achievement and you are doing really well!!

Keep going - if you stop you are going to feel ten times worse- if you keep going you are going to feel 100 times better!

If its tough it's worth doing.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I started my weightloss journey about 2 months ago and I have lost 26lbs.. But I still feel like the fat person I was when this all started 2 months ago. I feel like giving up, all the hard work has not changed how I feel about my self. I thought I would be proud of ME!! I joined this site thinking that I was going to find supportive friends that would be honest. I have not found that, I feel like I am reaching out for support! I thought I would get that from this site but its not here. I am not sure what I am going to do now, I have been aiming for a goal, that I dont think I can reach. I wonder if I will ever feel good about what I see in the mirror....

Real your own profile and then take a second thought about giving up.

I say It feels way better to be and look thin and healthy then it is to be fat and unhealthy.
  • SimonsGirl
    Options

26lbs is amazing!! I struggle loosing 6! I just keep giving up!
    but not this time and the fact you've done it in 2 months is amazing!
    you should feel proud of that!:smile:
  • familyblacksheep
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support!!!!
    It means a lot to me!!!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The goals that you appear to have set are weight loss goals- perhaps you could add in some positivity goals too? For example

1) I will say something nice about myself 3 times per day- AND believe it.
    2) I will accept the positive comments that people give me and believe them.
    3) If I think negative thoughts about myself, I will consciously stop thinking about it, and start thinking positively instead.

Start with this....

26lbs lost is a fantastic achievement and you are doing really well!!

Keep going - if you stop you are going to feel ten times worse- if you keep going you are going to feel 100 times better!

If its tough it's worth doing.

This post was worth repeating!!! I couldn't have said it any better than that! You should be very proud of the accomplishments you've made and keep going! YOU are worth it!
  • Fancyfit
    Options
    Sometimes you have to reach out and say what you feel.....like you just did. I'm sure you touched some of us who have been there and felt the same way. You have done a wonderful job so far. Twenty five pounds is a quite an accomplishment. I looked at your profile pics and you have a beautiful family. They need a happy, healthy mother and wife. Taking care of four children and a husband can be a very demanding and stressful. Taking good care of the family is one of the most important jobs there is and often, we just have to pat our own selves on the back and say "kudos". I don't know you but think from your post that perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed and have no where to place those feelings but on yourself. This is exactly why you should stay the course and carve out some time for yourself. If I were you I would start by changing your (familyblacksheep) title. I'm sure you can come up with something much better. Most MFP's are here learning to solve weight issues and in the process have discovered so much more about themselves. Invite me to be your friend if you like.
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    By asking for help, you are receiving it :flowerforyou:

Keep asking when you need it, no one is an island, we all need a boost, or a kick in the *kitten* now and then :wink: :bigsmile:

You have done very well in a short time, be VERY proud of that :drinker:

I often hear people say (or read what they write) "The journey is long..." etc, while that is true, in some aspects, I like to look at things a bit differently, for example, I refuse to call what I'm doing a "Diet" as in a "Weight loss diet" I just will not accept that premise. I'm not "on a diet" because I've done that for 30 years and eventually I fall "Off" that diet and get fat again. No, what I'm doing is not a diet, it IS a lifestyle change, it is a sea change, and because of that, the "Journey" is not long or short or halfway done, etc, just like life, it is not something you stop doing. I'm making a lifestyle change, and I'm now living my life differently, this is something I'll do until the day I die, right now I'm carrying extra weight, but it is coming off, and I am getting a LOT healthier and getting fit. Even though I'm fighting cancer right now, and I think I've got it licked (one more operation this week!) I am still living the healthy lifestyle, I cannot exercise now, but my choices for what I fuel my body with are still good ones, yes, I have my not so good days, but the occasional day I go over my calorie limit or have something that I know I should not have, those days are still head and shoulders above the bad old days when I was over 300lbs and had trouble going up one flight of stairs :happy:

Keep at it, you have done an amazing job, and YOU did this, none one else can take any credit, it is YOU who is succeeding, keep it up :drinker:
  • Dubuque
    Dubuque Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ...because of that, the "Journey" is not long or short or halfway done, etc, just like life, it is not something you stop doing. ...

That is a wise statement, and very helpful.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,621 Member
    Options
    I think you have done wonderfully so far! WTG! Try pictures for a better "view" of yourself. They really don't lie. I learned from my best friend that sometimes the brain is slow to catch up with the body whether that be weight gain, weight loss, or even age. Stick with it. Post. Reach out as you have done and know we are here for each other!
  • Amanda141982
    Options
    Hi- I definitely know how you feel. I remember the first time I was successful in losing 25 pounds I realized that it didn't make me magically perfect. Then I began to pick apart my body and all the things that I thought could be better... and I wondered if I could ever be good enough.

I am trying to work on being really positive and loving myself because ultimately what's on the inside is going to fuel what you put into your mouth. If you're negative then you're going to want to hurt yourself.. I wish I could have kept off those 25 pounds so I definitely encourage you to keep on trying. Because here I am two years later and trying to lose the same weight that I've lost before. I know I can do it and I know I can keep it off... and you can too! Just make sure you're being healthy and loving yourself!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You can see it better from the eyes of your family and friends.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    From what I can see about the number of posts you've made since September, you haven't made much effort to reach out for support. You have to take action if you want something done, not just sit there and make people read your mind.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!