new here

Options
attempting to loose weight while still breast feeding any hints and tips are welcome

Replies

• catecass
    Options
    attempting to loose weight while still breast feeding any hints and tips are welcome
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was still nursing, I followed a 'healthy eating program' called First Place (we don't use the word diet, with now pre-teen daughters in our house!) with more calories than a woman who wasn't nursing and steadily lost weight - up to the 12 pounds that I needed to lose at the time. I don't remember exactly how many more calories they allowed for nursing, but I think it was around 300 extra per day. Good luck!
  • dietrich1223
    Options
    For me breast feeding was the best and easiest way for me to loose weight. I had gained 50 pounds during my prgnancy and just about lost it all within the first 6 months just by breastfeeding, taking the baby on 30 minute walks in the stroller, and just getting back to healthier eating - the nausea made me crave red meat and carbs.

What's funny though is that I now weigh less than I did even before I got pregnant, but whereas I used to have a flat stomach without trying, I have a persistant belly bulge that I just can't get rid of - which is why I am here.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I gained about 21 pounds with my 2nd and was all gone the first week.
    Ofcourse a lot was the baby and everything else that had to do with the pregnancy.
    I now weigh less than what I did b4 my 2nd pregnancy.

You can go to babyfit.com and check on more info if you'd like.
    They help me out sooo much throughout my pregnancy.
    Helped me manage my weight and eating habits.