Fell off the Wagon :(

Options
Yesterday was my first swim meet ever, and I got so stressed out that I just ate and ate and didn't log any of it. At first I kind of justified it as fueling my body for success but after a while there was no excuse. There were lots of carbs involved, let's just leave it at that. I thought I was past the whole "eat your feelings" stage in this journey :( Anyway, today I feel horrible. Not necessarily physically, my legs and arms are sore and I love it, but I just feel really mad at myself for doing that to my body. I have an 6 hour ballet rehearsal today, so hopefully I can just eat clean and pray that everything evens out soon. I've worked too hard to let this stupid thing set me back. Can anyone offer me any advice or support? I feel really bad right now :(

Replies

• livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    Don't let a bad eating day get you down! Just keep on going! One bad day isn't going to hurt you! Feel free to add me!
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    I like to have the mindset that any weight i gain, i can always lose later. its like, life is long and youll have bad days and youll gain weight sometimes but then you still have plenty of time lose that weight.

And what MFP does is it develops your ability (skill) to lose weight. The more consistant you get, the better you will get at this skill and then you will be able to lose any weight you gain/want to once you develop the skill enough.

with this mindset, after a bad eating day, i dont feel guilty the day after and i just start over again.
    i dont like to try to make up for it in the subsequent days either. what happened, happened and its healthiest to move on and to continue working towards your goal like normal. and instead of feeling guilty, just think about how tasty that food was and how it was worth it for that one day (even if you think it wasnt worth it because it already happened to so its better to have a positive outlook on it to add more positivity to your life rather than feeling down about it)
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hey look today is a new day!! Your ticker restarts every day. Take it one day at a time and forgive yourself for yesterday's slip. There is nothing you can do about that. But today, well that's still ahead :) set yourself up for success and go for it! :flowerforyou:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above.

Restart.

Also realize some folks like me concentrate on weekly cals and not daily cals. I am allowed 1500 cals a day with is 10500 a week. I usually eat under most of the week and save up for Sunday because I really like wings on football Sunday and there is no way I could work that in otherwise :wink: )
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Uugh... I feel your pain. I am a big stress eater! And I've recently put some weight back on... so I also need to get back on track. The thing is.. when you beat yourself up... you now have two battles. The obvious extra calories = weight gain...AND your confidence/self worth damage = lack of motivation because you don't BELIEVE in your ability to do what you have to do. So be kinder to yourself. We are all human. We all have different triggers for overeating. Gain an understanding of yourself and work on planning for those trigger times, but don't punish yourself. It does more harm than good! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. We can work on this stress eating issue together.