Hi new to mfp need support and motivation 44 M UK

Options
Hello everyone,

I have lost around 34 pounds in the last 2 years but I want to push hard in the coming year

to lose another 50.

I have started using a gym 3 times a week in the last 6 months and my fitness levels are improving.

My biggest problem is diet, I can be strict for a week or 2 then it all goes wrong.

I'm hoping by coming on here and logging my calorie intake and hopefully adding some friends

it will help me stay on track and achieve my goal of losing 50 lbs between Jan 1st and Dec 31st 2014.

My profile and diary are open although I wont be adding food till Jan1st 2014 it would be good to see

what other members are eating and hear what other people struggle with.

Replies

• aspeenat
    Options
    Hi
    I am also new to MFP. I have been on r/losit for the first half of my weightloss and then joined MFP for the final half of the cut. May I make an unsolicited suggestion?
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

I joined about 6 months ago and lost my two stone in about 4. Keeping it steady now, but want to see if it's possible to change shape through diet and exercise as I still have a bit of a belly.

On here everyday and good at logging so please feel free to send me a request if you want to check out the diary.
  • 50_to_lose
    50_to_lose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi

Any suggestions are welcome.
  • aspeenat
    Options
    "I wont be adding food till Jan1st 2014" Instead of waiting start now. It wont get easier on January 1st so start recording your food now. First just record what you eat with out a deficit. It's good to see how much you are taking in anyway. Then take away one thing at a time. i.e. take away all sodas,after a month stop putting real sugar in your tea/coffee switch to Truvia(stevia), then a couple weeks later cut down on refined carbs like bread, etc. By 2015 you will be eating lean meats and veggies with an occasional cheat day and it will have seemed like the easiest thing because you did it little bits at a time and not some big drastic change. Just a couple idea(r)s the most important of them being START NOW. Hope I did not come off as bossy or lecturing. Good Luck on your lifestyle change and l look forward to hearing about your victories!
  • 50_to_lose
    50_to_lose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bossy is fine lol.

The reason I picked a specific date is some of my medication has changed and it takes me time to

settle down again and stop feeling sick.

Also I'm working on a fitness plan for the year so really want to start diet and fitness plans together.

Generally my downfall is snacking through boredom at work, meals are generally ok when I eat at home.

Take-aways and snacking on chocolate are my sins that need to be washed away.

If I logged what I have eaten today it would be 2 slices of toast and lots of water

which would not be a true guide to my normal eating habits.
  • ProMooch
    ProMooch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should start logging now, no need to wait, I see that you suggest you have a couple of reasons as to why you feel it may be best to wait but I really don't see what harm it will do, even if as you say it's not a true representation, because actually it is a true representation... of now.
    If you are not eating much because of meds, logging now may help you find calorie dense foods to up your intake whilst keeping the actual act of eating to a minimum and helping to minimise the deficit you will be putting yourself in. MFP is the greatest tool I have found to aid me in my journey, utilise it and it will help you!

I have chocolate every single day I think and that's no lie, as seen in my diary, don't treat this as a diet because if you do I feel you're more likely to fail, it's a lifestayle change and that's why you can eat what you want (within reason) and you can get a handle on your snacking and see just how bad it is, you can still snack but change the items you snack on.

I wish you well in your journey, get your head around things and you'll be fine, I was being my own biggest hinderounce until it all just clicked into place....