Eating 1300 Calories, Exercising, Gaining Weight, HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Makes me laugh... i'm on the 1200 cal and lost 30lb on my first sign up here. Was slow, but steady. No exercise, only walking.
    I guess her numbers is all wrong on the cal intake...

I tried getting my calories up to 1500 to 2000 for a couple of month after... didnt lose or gain a pound...

I know it will offend a couple of people on here, but how in hell cant you lose any weight at 1000 calories when anorexics loses with less !?!?!? lol

Because Anorexics arent losing weight (fat) they are losing organ and muscle mass due to starvation.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    1) Other than newbie gains its very very difficult to gain muscle when eating at a deficit, the best you can do is maintain your existing muscle mass
    2) Muscle doesn't weight more than fat 1g = 1g. However muscle is more dense than fat so in effect the same weight takes up less volume (1lb of feathers vs 1lb metal block - both weight the smae, one tkes up alot less space than the other).
  • Rosannajo88
    Options
    Are you measuring your inches? I find this alot more helpful than the scales, there are so many causes for fluctuations and a gain can significantly dent your fitness mojo.

I would reiterate what others have said in that we need to see your diary and know how long you have been eating at this deficit to provide any helpful answers.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Something is definitely off, I suggest going through the link below and reading... The information is very helpful, and I'd be willing to bet as you are reading through there will be at least one item that will make bells go off for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

Best of luck to you :drinker:
  • Rosannajo88
    Options
    Awwww zombie post!! Just noticed we last heard from OP in October. I dont think we are going to get to the bottom of this one any time soon!