Endomondo, Running & Support

Options
Hello all,

I'm looking for more runners and walkers that use Endomondo to link up with, cheer each other with pep talks and get good ideas from. I've got a couple of great friends on there (who are also on here) and I value the link greatly.

I'm in the UK (not that this matters) and am training for a season of half marathons (and maybe a full) with the goal of improving times and shifting the last few pounds to my goal.

Also interested in any runners and generally supportive people too, add away please :)

Let's get this done people ;)

Steve

This is me on Endomondo http://www.endomondo.com/profile/7518699

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I love Endomondo! I will add you. It way overestimates my calorie burns though...:ohwell:
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I find with my HR monitor linked it's fairly accurate with cal burned, not that I really eat many back anyway
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm looking for your opinion on Endomondo and any other running apps. I used to run, had a series of life events that took priority over running (or that's my current excuse... ), gained a bunch of weight which I've almost completely lost. Now back to running again but since I'm not 30 anymore, I know I need to condition my way back up. Been doing mostly interval treadmill for fat burn and generally run in intervals to keep my HR in the fat burn zone although I've been running faster just because I'm not "tired enough". I asked Santa for a Mio Alpha HRM (mioglobal.com) as a friend in the gym has one & she loves it. HR can be continuously displayed and no chest straps. Plus I can retire my old Sportline watch/HRM which requires me to press the button for a brief HR display only.

I just downloaded a free version of Runtastic. Some buddies use Runkeeper. I've also seen the free version of C25K and couch to 10K.

Wanted to know some folks experience with these apps and any other info you think would be helpful for me. Thanks and appreciate the support!
    TJ
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Like I said in my message to you I've tried all the free ones and they are all pretty good, I'd be happy with them all if it wasn't for the extra mile that Endomondo (paid version) goes for me. Love the training plan and HR info.
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steve; I'm going to download Endomondo and check it out! TJ