p90x3 vs gamma

Options
lin7604
lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
ok i already did t25 and really liked it but i lost all of my definition i got from clx prior to it. So i am back at clx now and i was thinking about what to do once i am done again... should i do gamma? or p90x3? i am wanting to keep what i have gotten back and not sure if the fast pace with lower weights will do that for my in gamma or try p90x3? I am scared from the clips i have seen that p90x3 is very intense and way out of my comfort zone... so not sure what to do? any thoughts from those who have done gamma or are doing p90x3 now? do you know what level they are showing in the clips on you tube?

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    I would suggest P90X3, if you have done Chalean Extreme in the past, i am pretty sure you will be able to do P90X3. P90X3 is not a sequel to P90X and P90X2, which means you don't have to these before to be able to do P90X3.

Just like T25, P90X3 will have modified moves in every exercices so you can adapt to your fitness level and the workouts are all 30 minutes long.

The Gamma workouts are really good and definitely gives a good burn but you can't compare these workouts to P90X3. Just thing that you will have 16 workouts with P90X3 while you will only have 4 new workouts with Gamma that you will have to mix with your Focus T25 routine.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would suggest P90X3, if you have done Chalean Extreme in the past, i am pretty sure you will be able to do P90X3. P90X3 is not a sequel to P90X and P90X2, which means you don't have to these before to be able to do P90X3.

Just like T25, P90X3 will have modified moves in every exercices so you can adapt to your fitness level and the workouts are all 30 minutes long.

The Gamma workouts are really good and definitely gives a good burn but you can't compare these workouts to P90X3. Just thing that you will have 16 workouts with P90X3 while you will only have 4 new workouts with Gamma that you will have to mix with your Focus T25 routine.

I'm so excited to read this as I am getting my P90X3 real soon!! yay!! I've done Chalene Extreme with great results, never did T25 though.
  • lin7604
    Options
    thx. i really liked the results i got with clx but t25 took them away :( i really enjoyed both programs a lot that is why i am doing a hybird of them now...but i really like having definition and i want a little more of it then i have. i just lok at all the clips of x3 on you tube and they look so tough, way out of my comfort zone! i have no idea what level they are doing on them and that is what makes me confused as it they are advanced moves then ok i may be able to do it but if they arn't then i woudl be doomed and wasted money!
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Who really wants to stay in their comfort zone when training? Gains are made out of the comfort zone!!

Don't be afraid to try something new that will push your limit further. If you are training on overdrive and just cruising around you will never improve.

The human body is meant to adapt to new situation and if you push it to it limits, it will react by adding muscle, burning fat and getting stronger.

I am sure you can do P90X3 and i am sure you will struggle on some exercices but overtime you will improve and be able to do all of them to a higher level. What is the point of doing any workout program if you can do every workouts easily and never break a sweat?
  • lin7604
    Options
    I see what u r saying and I didn't mean complete comfort zone, lol. T25 was hard but I loved it, I just have to be cautious on my knees and my left foot which was hard doing t25 because of that. So the next program I do I am keeping that in mind before I spend $$$. I also don't want to waste $$$ on a program that I just can't physically do or just not get into. I knew when I seen clips if clx or t25 that I was going to enjoy them a lot, but not so much with x3 clips. I was hoping the other moves/ exercises that are done are great one but just haven't seen them yet..... I know if I get gamma I will also really enjoy it but I think the results would be better with x3 if it is more appealing and I enjoy it and stick with it. I just need to seeker clips with other exercises to make the decision over to x3 I guess
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing the gamma hybrid and been using 10lbs weights let me say there have been definite muscle gains, visible results. But I also gained 6 lbs doing the gamma round first I did the just the ripped 5 workouts a week and extra cardio on Saturday usually the network exclusive did ripped with 5lbs of weight, moved to 10lbs for the hybrid and 7 workouts a week, I still do extra cardio on Saturdays. Inches lost yes muscle gains yes, pounds lost NO. So guess it depends on the results you are looking for, in the long run muscle is going to burn more fat so the more you have the better you cardio burns will be, I am planning on starting the P90X3 with a group on Jan 6 I will probably start a week early just to get a feel for it before the group starts... Good luck and hope this helps
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up T25 Beta cycle today, and am going to do Gamma until after the new year, when I'll probably try p90x3. I can see why you would lose your results from CLX, the entire alpha phase is cardio with almost no resistance. I didn't see any results from that phase, but have had results in Beta once I got my weights back. I've heard that Gamma is tougher, especially the cardio workout (some moves are from Insanity) so I figure it will be a good stepping stone to p90x3.
  • lin7604
    Options
    ya i decided to get gamma in the new year. i also got no results from alpha an di think that is where i lost everything from clx as well. beta was a bit better, it was nice i slimmed down a bit, i only lost 2 lbs but i like having shoulder definition. So i am doing clx till i order my gamma in the new year and then hope that it lets me keep what i have now at least. I don't need to lose weight, just want definition and a little less body fat! :)