Progress - About 72 lbs down (340 to 268)

Options
Progress pics! I decided I didn't want to wait until the end to share because these pics are so great. Sometimes we have to remember to celebrate ourselves through out our journey, not just when we finish.

I started out around 340 and am now at 268. My goal weight is somewhere around the 150s area but I'm not stuck on any one number. I have this idea to just go until my body doesn't want to go any lower and then stop. I love love love lifting weights and I have learned to love running. I've done a handful of 5ks over the last year and have already registered for some spring ones. I'm super slow, but that's ok. I'm working on running longer, not faster. For now!

I am so happy with how I look and feel. I seriously couldn't be happier. I mean, I still have a long way to go, but these days I spend a lot of time catching my reflection and thinking, "Awe! Look how cute you are!" It makes me feel a little silly but honestly I spent too much time hating how I looked and wanting to hide all the time. That's enough time wasted hating myself. I feel like I'm making up for it now. At first it was hard to not keep up the constant criticism and doubt, but that did eventually go away with practice, strangely enough. You tell yourself you're awesome enough times and, shocker, you eventually start to believe it.

I'm happy to be seen and I'm no longer holding on to the humiliation of how I used to look. I talk to people about what it's like being that big and I own it because it was a part of me. But not the only part. Accepting myself at my old size and embracing my new one whole heartedly has changed my world.

I've pulled out all these old clothes and I'm wearing sizes I forgot I could wear once upon a time. I just bought the pink jacket a couple of weeks ago because all my jackets and coats were just too big but I couldn't justify buying a new coat while I'm still losing. My last hooded jacket was a 3x...the pink one is a Large. It just kills me every time I zip it up.

In the beginning...

qnjo85.jpg

Progress...I think the one on the far left was at the beginning of the summer and the pink jacket was pretty recently. WIthin the last 5 lbs.

2jff895.jpg

Face!

33k3sqe.jpg

Replies

• rjgvt
    rjgvt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress you have made so far. You have a great attitude and that will get you to your goal!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    WOW!!Doing great !! I see a huge difference , keep doing what your doing ! ,Its working for ya :)
  • rcd0920
    rcd0920 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! keep up the hard work :smile:
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You're doing fantastic! Your hard work is really inspiring :) I can't wait to read your progress post after your down another 72 lbs! ;) You got this
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    yeahh huge difference.. keep up the good work :D well doneee
  • no2thdk
    Options
    Very Beautiful! Keep up the great wor! The hard work has paid off and will continue to pay off. Fantastic!
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are doing a wonderful job. We are in the same boat together and doing it the healthy way is how it should be done. I am registering for my first 5k and will start training in February. I am excited and nervous but seeing your story has inspired me to push hard! Great work and focus
  • Fiore_
    Fiore_ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Love the rockin' new glasses, too.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You're doing such a great job! You look great!! :)
  • youngdreamer
    youngdreamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! What a huge difference!! Your face is so lovely. <3
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I am at about the same place as you are (and were!! Almost :) I started at 348 in February and I am now at 279. My goal is to be at 235 (anything more will be a bonus). I am soon to be 50 (January 14th) and I am 5'7". You look great!! I am trying to hold off on posting pics till my one year - but am soooo tempted :) Keep up the GREAT work!!!
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are incredible! Fantastic - kudos to you!
  • silkyb1
    silkyb1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    COOL. YOU GO GIRL. I LIKE YOUR GLASSES. CUTE SO HOW DID YOU FINALLY FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU CUZ IM HAVING A HARD TIME.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :-) It's so much fun to share photos. You all make it easy to share!

Well, I've done a few different things, but what has worked best for me is a low carb, no gluten lifestyle. This is absolutely not for everyone, but after my thyroid quit working I developed a serious gluten intolerance. Even a little bit of gluten would make me very sick, usually ending with me throwing up whatever I ate. Since carbs and gluten tend to go hand in hand for so many products, going gluten free also made low carb sort of a no-brainer. It was hard at first, but now it's second nature and I don't miss the carbs. It's made losing weight pretty easy for me, but mostly I am glad to not get sick every time I eat. I also eat high protein. I don't do a lot of cardio - I mostly lift weights with a personal trainer. I do zumba though! That's one of my favorite cardio activities.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • arps2013
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look wonderfull! If you made it so far you will be able to do the rest as well! Really great!
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    This is such a wonderful post, and really exactly what i needed to read today! I am so with you on loving our bodies at every stage, and not being ashamed of our starting weight. I started at 320, and that's a part of who I am, like you said. Thanks for sharing!
  • Chante_Loves_Life
    Chante_Loves_Life Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    OMG look at you.:smokin: You are doing an amazing job WTG!! Keep up the great job.
  • horsebeauti
    horsebeauti Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh. Your face looks younger and has a healthy glow. You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!