5:2 fasting diet :)

Options
2»

Replies

• beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 7:0 program...it's where you eat sensibly for 7 days and fast zero days. You must log your food honestly, maintain a calorie deficit and move your body a few days a week. It works for me and I have lost 26 pounds.

Why do people feel the need to provide a negative comment regarding a strategy that they're not using? I don't do the 5:2 diet either, but I understand that it is a strategy that works for a lot of people because it offers a bit of flexibility. And I certainly wouldn't troll their discussions to make snarky comments.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 7:0 program...it's where you eat sensibly for 7 days and fast zero days. You must log your food honestly, maintain a calorie deficit and move your body a few days a week. It works for me and I have lost 26 pounds.

this

whatever you do must be long term sustainable, it's a lifestyle, not a diet

Intermittent fasting is sustainable for many people, and it is a lifestyle. It's simply a different way of timing when one consumes their allotted calories. It's not really any different than those who talk about eating "small meals" every 2-3 hours.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Why do people feel the need to provide a negative comment regarding a strategy that they're not using? I don't do the 5:2 diet either, but I understand that it is a strategy that works for a lot of people because it offers a bit of flexibility. And I certainly wouldn't troll their discussions to make snarky comments.

Agreed. Kudos to the people who have been responding to the would-be trolls with thoughtful responses.
  • mrskatbevins
    Options

Smart smart lady!
  • californiabella
    Options

exactly. not doing the 5:2 either, but to each your own.
  • MissBee0507
    MissBee0507 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

^^ this.
  • danagisana
    danagisana Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    this is just a different way of doing things. Whatever works. But the fasting has to have more of an effect than just the caloric deficit. The weight loss does not add up mathematically - if it were just limiting calories for two days per week then people would not be losing so much. Fasting has been going on through cultures for ages. This is nothing new. Once again, whatever works for you is good but don't judge other people.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Add me if your an active 5:2 faster ????
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

I did it both way and like 5:2 better. When i am on TDEE - 20%, my lifting goes way down and i feel like poopoo most of the time, while doing 5:2, not only is my strength back but i just feel alot better in general. The numbers of calories at the end of the week is pretty much the same.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump