Just starting to use this site

ksimmons19
ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. My name is Kelli and I live in Texas. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time and have been successful and got to my goal weight, but then started nursing school and gained it all back (and much more). I have been working on it this semester and have lost 18 pounds, but I have found that my motivation is fading fast and I am finding myself eating worse and worse and working out less and less... I have already seen the scale budge a little back up and I am desperate to not give up this time and make this time different. I need any kind of help you are willing to give to clue me in on how to make this stick and keep trucking.

Thanks!

Replies

• Hi, I just made a new account because I stuck to it with my old account and then I moved and gained all my weight back. So now I am like you I just started and I am desperate to lose weight and not give up!!! I dont really have any tips but.. just keep your mind to it and it will all pay off. : )
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    You have all the control! Why let thinking win out! Get up off the mat and push to get better! All have bad days...work alittle harder on the good days and keep the bad days to the exception!!....Its all in how you CHOOSE to look at it and DECIDE on what to do about it!! " Can you do it? Yes you can!!!!:wink:
  • Welcome and good luck :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    It is hard. I lost a bunch of weight last year. Then, I got kinda lax. I did well to maintain for about 6 months but when I started stress eating again, the scale started moving upward. The good thing about MFP is it holds you accountible for what you eat. Be honest in your logging and get your exercise in.
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 302 Member
    welcome to the site and were glad to have you. Just remember keep your head in the game and eye on the goal and you will be at your goal before you know it.
  • Hi, This is my first time using a message board so I hope I am doing this right. I have just recently started to try and loose weight for the millionth time in my life. What is different this time than the other times is that I went out and purchased a trainer at the gym. I am loving it. With the change in my physical feeling I also know that I need to monitor my eating. That is why I joined MFP. I need to be accountable for what I am eating. I want this to be a journey that I can finally be proud of. I want a change in my lifestyle. I want to feel good. My long term goal is to loose 75 lbs. My short term goal is to keep myself motivated. I wake up every morning with that same goal and I take one day at a time.
This discussion has been closed.