What's for dinner tonight?

Options
I'm stuck - like to try new things but I don't enjoy the grocery store so much and I don't buy anything elaborate so I tend to make the same old simple things.

Looking for new ideas - So what are you making?
Thanks!

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Do you like fish? I've been loving this recipe lately:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chip-crusted-fish-fillets-50400000117838/

I don't bother with the salt, just slater on a light coating of Miracle Whip then hand crush the chips in the bag and spread them out over the fish. Also, I use tin foil, not parchment paper - works just fine. Some cuts of fish are a bit thicker on the ends so it may take up to 12 minutes to be fully cooked but for the most part, 10 minutes is just right. IMHO, the ranch dressing isn't necessary either. I usually serve with a ceasar salad and a little rice.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Homemade, crock pot chili! I make it with lean turkey burger.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Chicken WIngs, Franks Hot Sauce and CHips
  • Sophieanna17
    Sophieanna17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm making Turkey Meatloaf, from skinnytaste.com The entire recipe makes 4 servings. My husband will have 2/3 of the loaf and I'll have 1/3 of the loaf - One serving is 258.8 calories. I like making this recipe because when it's gone, it's gone. No sneaking (nightime sneaking is a bad habit of mine, I've realized.)

When I get in a rut, I like skinnytaste.com for ideas. I was in a rut myself today and dug myself out by planning tonight and tomorrow night (chicken rollatini with spinach and parmesan cheese.) I also like the cooking lite website for ideas.

Looking forward to hearing other ideas. We all get stuck, bored, and in a routine of not trying new things. In fact, a goal I have for December is to print 15 new recipes to try in January, handy in a folder so I don't get lost on the internet trying to figure out something yummy and new!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Chips, salsa, & plain nonfat greek yogurt!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce. Gotta keep the kids happy and it's good for the old protein number!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    OMG I didn't take out anything for dinner tonight LOL! Last night was my work Christmas party and I got home late (but didn't overeat at the party) and totally forgot. I guess I'm lucky I remembered to bring lunch today.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The SO is cooking Lamb in Orange Sauce. I'm not sure what goes in it, apart from Lamb, oranges, onions and courgettes. But it is sure tasty! I'll probably have it with a small serving of cous cous, which is also delicious when cooked in stock.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Food
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Chickpea and vegetable curry over brown rice. Quck, easy and yummy!!
  • jmidge2
    jmidge2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken breast, two cups of spinach and a yam! clean
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options

When I get in a rut, I like skinnytaste.com for ideas. I was in a rut myself today and dug myself out by planning tonight and tomorrow night (chicken rollatini with spinach and parmesan cheese.) I also like the cooking lite website for ideas.

Thanks for the website, I was unaware of this one and it looks good!
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Great Ideas and keep 'em coming! :happy:
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hubby & the kids are having Frozen Lasagna, I am probably going to have a Grilled Ham & Cheese sandwich with a salad on the side - mixed greens, bacon bits, croutons, with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing - simple & easy
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato, half a baked chicken breast (they are monster breasts, good grief), mixed greens with feta, kalmata olives, tomato, and capers. Mmm, salty, haha!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir-fry with rice. I stock my freezer with the frozen stir-fry veggie mix from Kroger - it oftens goes on sale for 10 for $10. I have some chicken breast thawed out in the fridge - I will cook the chicken, add veggies, some sauce and serve with brown rice. Healthy, delicious and filling in less than 20 minutes.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Salmon and edamame are my dinner tonight. I have been eating salmon almost every evening with a grain and/or veggie, depending on what is on hand. I have enjoyed different ways to flavor the salmon but cooking it with salsa on top is pretty amazing!!
  • marissa2224
    marissa2224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My refrigerator broke today, so hopefully something that doesn't give me food poisoning. That kind of weight loss just isn't sustainable...

Probably a giant salad to make up for the cookies I had for breakfast.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Today is a semi-fasting day for me, so I'll just be having Greek yogurt.

Yesterday, though, I had a fantastic, low calorie dinner. I steamed a couple of tilapia fillets (steam bags in the microwave), topped with lemon juice and salsa, and roasted fresh Brussels sprouts. It was fantastic!
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast cutlets, green beans, and broccoli