I finally did it!

Options
This weight loss journey started almost one year ago on Nov 21, 2012. I was overweight and I had just given birth to my 2nd child. I gave birth in August of 2012 and it was November and I got on the scale and started to cry. My mom said that it takes time to lose baby weight and I would have to deal with being heavy for the rest of my life. I didn't think I had to "deal" with being overweight and depressed, so I started looking for a way to record my food and exercise. I found Myfitness Pal and at first I didn't think it would help. I was logging in every couple of days and trying to keep up with it before Christmas and it just didn't stick to me. I got frustrated and quit for a while. I got on the scale and it said 197lbs. I had gained more weight over the holidays. My husband said that he loved me just they way I was and that I didn't need to stress so much about my weight. I started looking at photos of myself before I had kids and saw how thin I was and I became even more depressed.
So I decided to give Myfitness Pal another try and log in everyday and record my food and exercise. Soon, the weight started to just drop off. And then, it became my everyday obsession-in a good way! I remember getting on the scale once per week and smiling and yelling for my husband to come and see. He seemed even more excited then I was! He then decided to become a member of this wonderful site. Now that I am 52lbs down, I am so happy to be thin, even after having two children. I was so excited to give away my larger clothes. I was a size 14, and now I'm a size 8-10. I thank God for my motivation and my family for their support. I didn't use any weight loss pills or weight loss supplements. I just did it all naturally and with the help of MyFitness Pal!!!!

Replies

• KazRey66
    Options
    That's Absolutely Fantastic It Just Shows It Can Be Done,it's Hard Work & Takes A Lot Of Patience & Willpower Well Done You Have Done Yourself Proud. KazRey x
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I didn't use any weight loss pills or weight loss supplements. I just did it all naturally and with the help of MyFitness Pal!!!!

^^^^ This is why I am here. Glad you have found success.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Way to go!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're an inspiration to all!
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    *loud whistles and applause* Go you!
  • Hooyah25
    Options
    Thank you. Good luck to you on your journey to success.
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Nice move there buddy. Congratulations. Losing weight is a hard thing to do specially if you love to eat. Proper dieting and exercise leads to such a great success. Your story is a very inspiring to us all. Cheers.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Great work!! That is wonderful. All your hard work paid off! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!