Tall people problems

Options

Replies

• _Giselle_
    Options
    I hate it at gigs when I'm on the barrier and shorter people behind tap my shoulder and ask to go in front of me because I'm taller. Yeah no… I queued early enough to get the spot and it has nothing to do with my height!

Also sometimes at the cinema someone sitting behind me will ask if I can get out of their way. No I can't. I usually try then to duck a bit but it gets uncomfortable after a while.

Dresses!! When they fit everywhere else they're too short, and when you go up a size or two to make it long enough it just gets too big everywhere else.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    The shower head! MY NEMESIS. The number of times I've whacked my head on that damn thing...
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    Have fun being tall:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/07/height_and_longevity_the_research_is_clear_being_tall_is_hazardous_to_your.html (Article with studies / citations).

There are definitely positives to being tall as well as negatives. (Pros: Make more money, attracting mate - Cons: More likey to get cancer and die early).

Maybe theres a reason why Goldilocks and the Three Bears is pretty popular. Its finding that sweet spot and the porridge/bed thats "just right". Sometimes the perfect fit is in between extremes.....a.k.a. "average".

So here to all the people who are average out there :drinker: Because maybe being average, is closer to perfect than you think it is.

Haters gonna hate.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Beat me to it.

haters_fb62b5_2448292.gif

Hatred? lmao Heaven forbid I compliment avg sized people in a Tall people problems thread.

Because I wont sit here and go awwwww you poor thing that your 6'4" and cant have sex in a car?

hE70964C6

FWP

first-world-problems-meme-cereal.jpg

FirstWorld10.jpg

meme-90s-dunkaroos.jpg

first-world-dog-problems-meme-2.jpg
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My son is 6'4". We had trouble finding a driving school that used a bigger car than a Honda civic. Now he is trying to get the practice part in. Luckily my Honda Accord is a touch bigger, but he still needs a bigger vehicle. I'll probably get him an old Ford or Chevy truck something like 70's or 80's.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

My wife can't reach the shower head now in the remodeled house, which, you know, is fine with me. The settings never get changed!
    Whoa whoa whoa.. Get her a step stool. That sounds like a serious problem there!
    -exits to the left-
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The shower head! MY NEMESIS. The number of times I've whacked my head on that damn thing...

Our family lake cottage uesd to have a really crappy shower that was like 3ft by 3 ft and the shower head literally reached between my shoulder blades. A shower at the lake required a backbend while your knees are pressing into the wall. My family remodeled after a water leak one winter and it's glorious. Tile from ceiling to floor, and for my cousins who are all 6'4" to 6'7" a really tall shower head was installed. :love: :love:
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Putting on high heels and feeling like an Amazon woman next to some of the guys we know. -_-
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Have fun being tall:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/07/height_and_longevity_the_research_is_clear_being_tall_is_hazardous_to_your.html (Article with studies / citations).

There are definitely positives to being tall as well as negatives. (Pros: Make more money, attracting mate - Cons: More likey to get cancer and die early).

Maybe theres a reason why Goldilocks and the Three Bears is pretty popular. Its finding that sweet spot and the porridge/bed thats "just right". Sometimes the perfect fit is in between extremes.....a.k.a. "average".

So here to all the people who are average out there :drinker: Because maybe being average, is closer to perfect than you think it is.

Haters gonna hate.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Beat me to it.

haters_fb62b5_2448292.gif

Hatred? lmao Heaven forbid I compliment avg sized people in a Tall people problems thread.

Because I wont sit here and go awwwww you poor thing that your 6'4" and cant have sex in a car?

hE70964C6

FWP

first-world-problems-meme-cereal.jpg

FirstWorld10.jpg

meme-90s-dunkaroos.jpg

first-world-dog-problems-meme-2.jpg

CMn7hAz.gif
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Low shower heads.

This!!! Went to a hotel not to long ago and the showerhead must've been installed by a very short person. I'm 5'9" (not *that* tall), but I pratcially had to do a backbend to wash my hair.

to OP: Heels. I love heels, but hard to find a good 'in-between' height. I'm not fond of kitten heels and I don't need 5" stilettos.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I hate it at gigs when I'm on the barrier and shorter people behind tap my shoulder and ask to go in front of me because I'm taller. Yeah no… I queued early enough to get the spot and it has nothing to do with my height!

This! I always tell them "you could have worn stilts. I can't shrink".
  • W0rthless_Her0
    Options
    CMn7hAz.gif

37411422.jpg
  • Warrior_Butterfly
    Options
    Beside the short people asking me to grab stuff from the top shelf I don't have any!!! lol
    I love being tall
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    treet_zpsa9504770.jpg
    We don't always have the best view...

*Edit because our pictures are too large as well.

You get to look down short girl's shirts...#stopyer*****in'

Easy to do regardless, yah shorties always eye-ball'n our Bowl-judge.
  • shuffy09
    shuffy09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    No I have never heard a tall joke, please enlighten me... How is the weather up there?

My nickname was Tree for a little while.

Having a "Desk Riser" at work because my legs are too long to fit under my desk. That is when the chair on the lowest setting.

Blending in at any establishment where it is standing room only makes you the go to person when people walk in the door. "I can't see them, Oh wait I see Sam" My life story. Don't even try to blend in at these events. Plus side I always have the best "seat" at concerts.

I will think of more later.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    6'3 and shirts can be hard to find. Usually not long enough.
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 3"....Airplane seats, low shower heads, back seats of cars, length of clothes etc. etc.; plenty of negatives but they are far out-weighed by the positives of being tall - its awesome :P
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    6' 5" and although I get a great view in crowds or at crime scenes (It wasn't ME you can't prove anything) Getting on public transport and even doing something as simple as walking through a door is a *kitten* MINE FIELD! ****ing short people really don't give a ****! grrrrrrrrrr
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not being able to cross your legs under a table. Sometimes not being able to get your legs under a table!

Oh and giving short guys hugs and erm, suffocating them slightly.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Old People randomly coming up to you to comment on your tallness
  • fbthebear25
    fbthebear25 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ceiling fans!