Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best Christmas Movie

2»

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Die Hard is a fantastic movie, but that's a Christmas movie like Silence of the Lambs is an animal movie. Just the fact that it is set in December does not make it a Christmas movie.

Die Hard takes place during an office Christmas party. Do you not remember the epic line: "Now I have a machine gun...Ho, Ho, Ho."??

My personal faves include: Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Elf, The Ref, Die Hard, and of course, the original Grinch cartoon.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Die Hard is a fantastic movie, but that's a Christmas movie like Silence of the Lambs is an animal movie. Just the fact that it is set in December does not make it a Christmas movie.

It is about a man who goes through great lengths for his family on Christmas. Like walk barefoot on glass. That is a Christmas movie.

Die Hard and Gremlins for me.

I'm a sucker for Love Actually and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang too
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Christmas Vacation, definitely. We have a family tradition of getting everyone together to watch it and busting out THREE (3!) deep fryers and making a fried feast buffet. Jalapeno poppers, eggrolls, hushpuppies, pierogies, the works. I will not be counting calories on that day.

Come to think of it, that's probably why I'm here in the first place :laugh:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    TNT used to have a tradition of remaking the classic Christmas Carol/Scrooge story every year, changing the setting/actors and putting a new spin on it every time. My favorite one was a version called Ebenezer which starred Jack Palance as the role of Ebenezer Scrooge and took place in a Western setting.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    White Christmas (1954)
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Meet Me in St Louis from 1944. Judy Garland sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Fabulous movie!
  • Christmas Ninja (2003)
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Soo many to choose from, but

Die Hard

Christmas Story

The Grinch

are the ones I can not make it through the holidays without seeing a hundred times!

No Christmas V action has to be on the list too..it is on loop in our house even in the Middle of July
  • All time favorite Christmas Movie: The Muppet Christmas Carol :blushing:

Followed closely by A Christmas Story. :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I can't pick just one:

Scrooged
    Christmas Story
    Christmas Vacation
    Love Actually
    Home Alone 1 & 2
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    1. A Christmas Story ( you'll shoot your eye out!) :laugh:
    2. Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys & Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer
    3. Santa Clause is Coming to Town
    4. A Charlie Brown Christmas
    These are the ones I couldn't wait for every year!!! Still get excited about them!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Its a Wonderful Life.
    Home Alone.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member

It is about a man who goes through great lengths for his family on Christmas. Like walk barefoot on glass. That is a Christmas movie.

Christmas is not a central theme in the story. It's about Bruce Willis kicking a bunch of terrorists' rear ends. Not a Christmas movie.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    A Christmas Carol (1951 version with Alastair Sim)

Miracle On 34th Street (1947 version)

It’s A Wonderful Life

Elf
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Meet Me in St Louis from 1944. Judy Garland sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Fabulous movie!

Good movie! Awesome song.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Christmas Vacation

Scrooged

and

A Christmas Story
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 303 Member
    Really surprised that Love Actually wasn't mentioned a thousand times. Best Christmas movie ever!!
  • Surviving Christmas
    The Ref
    Bad Santa
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member

Christmas is not a central theme in the story. It's about Bruce Willis kicking a bunch of terrorists' rear ends. Not a Christmas movie.

Eh. Christmasy enough for me