Best Christmas Movie

Options
2»

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Die Hard is a fantastic movie, but that's a Christmas movie like Silence of the Lambs is an animal movie. Just the fact that it is set in December does not make it a Christmas movie.

Die Hard takes place during an office Christmas party. Do you not remember the epic line: "Now I have a machine gun...Ho, Ho, Ho."??

My personal faves include: Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Elf, The Ref, Die Hard, and of course, the original Grinch cartoon.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Die Hard is a fantastic movie, but that's a Christmas movie like Silence of the Lambs is an animal movie. Just the fact that it is set in December does not make it a Christmas movie.

It is about a man who goes through great lengths for his family on Christmas. Like walk barefoot on glass. That is a Christmas movie.

Die Hard and Gremlins for me.

I'm a sucker for Love Actually and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang too
  • shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation, definitely. We have a family tradition of getting everyone together to watch it and busting out THREE (3!) deep fryers and making a fried feast buffet. Jalapeno poppers, eggrolls, hushpuppies, pierogies, the works. I will not be counting calories on that day.

Come to think of it, that's probably why I'm here in the first place :laugh:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    TNT used to have a tradition of remaking the classic Christmas Carol/Scrooge story every year, changing the setting/actors and putting a new spin on it every time. My favorite one was a version called Ebenezer which starred Jack Palance as the role of Ebenezer Scrooge and took place in a Western setting.
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    White Christmas (1954)
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Meet Me in St Louis from 1944. Judy Garland sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Fabulous movie!
  • PSULions2008
    Options
    Christmas Ninja (2003)
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Soo many to choose from, but

Die Hard

Christmas Story

The Grinch

are the ones I can not make it through the holidays without seeing a hundred times!

No Christmas V action has to be on the list too..it is on loop in our house even in the Middle of July
  • kelsiekae
    Options
    All time favorite Christmas Movie: The Muppet Christmas Carol :blushing:

Followed closely by A Christmas Story. :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I can't pick just one:

Scrooged
    Christmas Story
    Christmas Vacation
    Love Actually
    Home Alone 1 & 2
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1. A Christmas Story ( you'll shoot your eye out!) :laugh:
    2. Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys & Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer
    3. Santa Clause is Coming to Town
    4. A Charlie Brown Christmas
    These are the ones I couldn't wait for every year!!! Still get excited about them!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Its a Wonderful Life.
    Home Alone.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

It is about a man who goes through great lengths for his family on Christmas. Like walk barefoot on glass. That is a Christmas movie.

Christmas is not a central theme in the story. It's about Bruce Willis kicking a bunch of terrorists' rear ends. Not a Christmas movie.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A Christmas Carol (1951 version with Alastair Sim)

Miracle On 34th Street (1947 version)

It’s A Wonderful Life

Elf
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Meet Me in St Louis from 1944. Judy Garland sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Fabulous movie!

Good movie! Awesome song.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Christmas Vacation

Scrooged

and

A Christmas Story
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Really surprised that Love Actually wasn't mentioned a thousand times. Best Christmas movie ever!!
  • chitty
    Options
    Surviving Christmas
    The Ref
    Bad Santa
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Christmas is not a central theme in the story. It's about Bruce Willis kicking a bunch of terrorists' rear ends. Not a Christmas movie.

Eh. Christmasy enough for me