New guy

Options
Hello everybody! Though I am a fairly active person, I have hovered around the 220 lb mark the last couple of years, and it has now hit almost 230, so I know I needed to change, and my diet is my biggest issue. This is my chance to try to get back to 185, and be accountable for what I am putting in my body. Obviously, long term health is my ultimite goal, but i love kayaking, and being out on the water so my goal is to be able to get out there without thinking about what I look like ( or think I look like). Seeing the success everyone here seems to be having makes me think this is the push I need. Thanks for the motivation, and I hope I will help motivate someone with my success.

Replies

• mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Would love to help keep you reach your goal of 185. It's completely doable. What kind of workouts do you enjoy doing? Any dietary restrictions?
    Would love to chat some more! Shoot me a message and we'll work together to reach your goals!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This is a great tool! And I love kayaking too!
  • florkie
    florkie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    good luck with your quest. And keep doing the kayaking...who cares what you look like as long as you're enjoying yourself. (You should see me try to run....lol) but I do it. And that't the important thing, keep moving. Despite how slow or big I look (or as you said 'think I look') I've completed 2 half marathons. I find trying to log my food the hardest thing...just being consistent.

We're all here to help each other and I hope you keep in touch so we can all get healthy. Stay strong! :-)
  • llabruce4
    llabruce4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    No dietary restrictions, and as for exercising, I played sports through college, so I love anything competitive. I enjoyed crossfit, but with work it is hard to get there, so I tend to run on the beach, kayak, and do some free weights at the gym where I work
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Hi...This is a great place to get some motivation...Feel free to add me.