Thunder Thighs?

Options

Replies

• twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't have a measuring tape, but I went from tight size 14 jeans, to loose size 2 jeans, so whatever they are now I just consider pure awesome :happy:
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

True that.

This was supposed to be up there... ^^^ I'm technologically impaired today!

Haha! Thank you :-)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    21.5 inches. They were 24 a few months ago.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have Mighty Thunder Thighs of Thor! :drinker:

They're so massive I had to buy new jeans because I've nearly worn out the seams on the thighs. My thick thighs have got plenty of fat on them, but they also let me do amazing things. No shame in my game. :bigsmile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I dont know mine.:flowerforyou:
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

They're so massive I had to buy new jeans because I've nearly worn out the seams on the thighs. My thick thighs have got plenty of fat on them, but they also let me do amazing things. No shame in my game. :bigsmile:

Love this! My inner thighs are nice (I say this somewhat facetiously!) and squishy but I can flex my quads and pound on 'em like rocks. I think having strong legs is a wonderful thing, even if it means they will never be small (for my body shape, that is!). They let me run, climb, kick, jump...
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I don't know my measurement nor do I care. I know they have gotten smaller as I lose weight but they are still large. They fit right in with the rest of my body... big butt, big boobs big thighs.... but I love myself. I am not uncomfortable with how I look. I think likeing your body is more important then your measurements
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    19 1/2 inches. :happy:
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    @Fullsterkur_w I love it! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    21" . I crush man's skull like sparrow's egg between thighs.

<3 it
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

My favorite pair of jeans are getting the dreaded thigh holes and I'm sad.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I'm not judging anyone because I've been-there-done-that with this type of stuff but I'm telling you - the "size of your thighs" is the least of y'all's worries....

The problem here, is your image of yourself - not your thighs. I hear a lot of hatred, shame, and self-disgust in this thread. It's extremely sad to watch.

Here is a sad fact: You can work and work and work on your thighs, starve yourself, do a thousand leg presses, finally get down to that magic number of thigh-inches, even finally look like a supermodel....and guess what? You will STILL....hate your thighs.

Why? Because you didn't work on your head and you didn't work on your heart. Those two places are where EVERYTHING begins. Where EVERYTHING gets fixed. The smaller thighs are nothing but the icing on the cake.

My suggestion: Work on your self-image harder than you are on your thighs. Figure that out FIRST, lay the foundation of emotional health, and then watch yourself soar with happiness and healthiness as you whittle your body down to your goal weight/size.

Here's the magic of that: even if you don't achieve that "perfection" you dreamed of - you won't care... Because now you love yourself too much to be that hard on yourself, that perfectionistic, that critical. You'll give yourself grace, and you'll love the skin you're in.

THAT is the goal. :) I challenge you all to accept it!

It wasn't until I worked on my head that I was able to lose any weight. This IS the improved version of me. LOL!

Assuming that you had the same negative self-talk previously, how did you overcome it and learn to love your body?

Well excellent - then you are definitely making strides and are on your way!! I love it.

Yes, I had the same issue. And I have a feeling it'd creep up on me again if I let it, too! It's so insidious, this self-hatred!

When I reached my goal weight (Dec 2012), I was SO excited. But at the same time I was incredibly disappointed in how that little triangle of skin/fat above my belly button stuck out. Couldn't get rid of it (still can't). Or how the skin beneath the back of my butt wrinkles up now (extra skin). I still have arm flaps. I mean come on - I'm 42 years old and I topped out at 203 lbs at one point - there's bound to be extra skin now that I'm @ 125 lbs! LOL

This really grated on me for a couple weeks. Then it started to get unbearably miserable. I got angry. It seemed so unfair! I worked so hard, how could I look so "awful"?! I quickly realized I was getting into a mental danger zone of self-hatred and disgust and knew this wouldn't bode well for my state of well being.

How did I come to change this? Several things.

I expressed my frustration to trusted people - my friends, my parents, my boyfriend. All of them gave me good, healthy, sincere feedback on how wonderful I looked. They reminded me of what an accomplishment I'd just made happen. My boyfriend especially REALLY gave me good feedback with lots of "you are so beautiful's" and "you looked so great before but look at you now, you're healthy AND happy" and "I'm so proud to be with you" and stuff like that. I had to lean on other's perceptions of me for awhile (and when I say "others" I mean people who are NOT abusive - never listen to critical voices - END those relationships, especially if it's a boyfriend/girlfriend!).

I also had to humbly admit to myself that because I had made poor choices in the past, I was not going to be able to achieve that "perfect" body I'd had in college. I had to grieve this - like, meaning, grieve as if it's a death - and let it go. I had to say to myself, "well, this is what ya got to work with now - this is your "canvas" to paint on - so now you're gonna have to do the best you can with it!". This means, for me, continuing to eat well, logging my calories, and exercising several times a week to keep myself in good health/shape (i.e., as good of shape as I can get) - and then letting the rest go.

I had to implement positive self-talk in my head. The moment a thought came into my head that said, "hey, fatso, look at your stomach" or "hey, ugly - look at those nasty butt cheeks" I'd say, "SO WHAT? Huh? So what? Yeah - they're not perfect. But guess what? I lost SEVENTY frickin' pounds! I haven't eaten dessert for an entire year! I can now run a 5K when I'd never run a step in my life before that! I can fit into a size 4 petite jeans! I am intelligent, I am beautiful, I am funny, I am talented, and my family and friends love me. And you know what? I LOVE ME." I'd tell that nasty voice to get the hell outta my head and replace it with encouraging words for myself.

If this issue goes really really deep for yourself, you might even consider a little therapy. It'll do you a mountain of good. Or find books to read on this subject. Pursue health. Pursue strength. Pursue Love for yourself. Seek and ye shall find. Never give up. And eventually - the tide will turn. It takes time, effort, work and energy to overcome mental habits, negative self-talk, etc. It won't just happen magically. You have to "exercise" it - just like your thighs. :)

HOpe that helps.

Is your name really Brandolin? Never heard that name before, but I love it!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    22.5" and I LOVE them. I'm short, too (5'-2"). But no one will ever convince me that "thunder thighs" is an insulting nickname for me.

I love my legs. Thank you, Romanian deadlifts and Bulgarian split squats! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like big thighs....legs, butt, boobs...lol

Slash!!! is that you??

mine are 27, I'm 5'2 and I think 21" would be wonderful to be at...
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I haven't measured them in some time and I don't have the measurements with me at work. I will say that my thighs are the thickest part of my body. That used to bother me, but I have developed and affection for them. I can now see my quads clearly when working out or running and I LOVE that. I realize that they aren't biggger because they're so "fat"....they are bigger because they are strong! I'll take strong. It helps me run faster!! :-)
  • inktink
    inktink Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love my 23" thighs! They carry me up and down the stairs at work, they allow me to squat down and pick up my son.. even better, when they were quite a few inches larger, they let me squat down to give birth to him. Sure, there are days when I wish they weren't so "squishy," but then I remember that I am the only one who can change that, and I go rock some weighted squats.

Don't hate your body, any part of it! It's the only body you have, the only one you will ever get. You have to make the choice now, do you learn to love yourself, or do you live in misery until the day you die?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Hear, hear! :drinker:

Mine are currently 27.5", but even at my lower weight in high school, they were probably a solid 25" (a 5'8"-5'10") and solid muscle. The house I lived in was on a hill that I had to walk up if I went anywhere, and I played basketball. At 175, those Thunder Thighs of Thor could max out the school's leg press machine at something like 400lbs.

My legs have always been my favorite part about me, because they've always been pretty strong.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    They were 33 when I started (measured at thickest part) and are now 26.5 inches. I always hated the term thunder thighs, and my husband sincerely says that when he thinks of a woman with thunder thighs, he's not thinking it in term of 'zomg huge, fat, awful' but in terms of 'muscular, powerful, awesome'. In short, it can be a compliment if you let it!

I'm always going to have bigger legs, even when I had a 21" waist in high school, my legs weren't slender sticks. I hated that then. I realize now it's just my body, and bodies are awesome. :)
  • NessaWilde
    NessaWilde Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My thighs are 21 inches and I love them.