Thunder Thighs?

Options

Replies

• AprilMae1975
    Options
    My mom used to call me Thunder Thighs when I hit puberty. I have accepted the fact that I will never have small hips, butt or thighs. Measuring them tells me that they are larger than average and I'm ok with that. I really want them to be less flabby and more muscular and I'm working on it.

OP your thighs don't look like Thunder Thighs to me at all.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    26.4 so girl PUHHH LEASEEE! hahaha I have a HUGE *kitten*, and these thighs to boot. who cares? I think there's nothing more attractive than a short, fit girl, with nice thick thighs and a bubbly booty! :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    21" . I crush man's skull like sparrow's egg between thighs.

228770046_1368933137.png
  • SCHughes81
    SCHughes81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    30 inches...smh. I've always had huge thighs...even as a kid. And no matter how much weight I loss and muscle I gain, they are always huge.
  • delalunaluna
    delalunaluna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't measured mine, but I will say that this phrase ("thunder thighs") is the only thing that stuck with me as a negative comment about my body from middle school. I subsequently learned to hate my legs. Now I've learned how wrong that was, as my legs are one of my sexiest body parts. I love my strong legs, and I don't love the obsession with smallness. Do I want to tone them more? Yes. Am I working towards that? Yes. But it's not about large/small. It's about strength and shape - for me at least. :)
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Reporting in at 25.4"! My thighs have always been big since I can remember ~ My dad used to call me Meag-a-saurus Rex (My name is Meagen) on account of my T-Rex Thighs.

I've learned to love them & my butt. They go together nicely on a pear shape! ^____^

Learn to embrace the yummyness!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I haven't measured mine, but I will say that this phrase ("thunder thighs") is the only thing that stuck with me as a negative comment about my body from middle school. I subsequently learned to hate my legs. Now I've learned how wrong that was, as my legs are one of my sexiest body parts. I love my strong legs, and I don't love the obsession with smallness. Do I want to tone them more? Yes. Am I working towards that? Yes. But it's not about large/small. It's about strength and shape - for me at least. :)

I never got the "thunder thighs" comment, but lots of guys apparently liked my big hips, thighs, and butt...From middle school (not attractive) to high school, I was all of a sudden attractive, as in: "Hey, girl! You got fries with that shake?" EVERY DAY at lunch. So, yeah, those were 14 year olds then...so weird to think NOW that a 14 year could say anything like that. I guess, I forgot what teenage boys were like? They seem so sweet now. ha!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Thighs, butt, and hamstrings are where your body's ability to generate explosive bursts of power (jumping, sprinting, etc) comes from. When they don't LOOK like they're capable of generating that kind of power, it doesn't quite look right IMO.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Well, just like anything else, feeling like a certain measurement is "big" is relative to height. 21" thighs on someone 5' tall is way different than 21" on someone 5'7". You can't even compare.

My thighs are about 19.5" in this picture. I'm 5'5" and wear a size 4/6.
    IMG-20130622-00378.jpg

ETA: Couldn't figure out the photo thing. And to add I don't think 21" are big thighs. Just wrote that to point out height makes a difference.
  • BeckyGee84
    BeckyGee84 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my "thunder thighs" are currently 22.5. I had them down to 21.5 when I was losing weight before. Then I got pregnant again and my thighs ballooned back out to about 23". I've always had bigger thighs, even when I was 100 lbs in high school. I have a fantastic butt thanks to the Original Buns of Steel though!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Well, just like anything else, feeling like a certain measurement is "big" is relative to height. 21" thighs on someone 5' tall is way different than 21" on someone 5'7". You can't even compare.

My thighs are about 19.5" in this picture. I'm 5'5" and wear a size 4/6.
    IMG-20130622-00378.jpg

Ah, perhaps this is true, because I'm 5'8 with 21 inch thighs and wear a 4/6 and when I first read the OP's post I was like......whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat are you talking about thunder thighs!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thunder thighs are on the move, thunder thighs are loose!!! *The message Peter sent to Meg -Family Guy
  • marissa2224
    marissa2224 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My right thigh is 23" and my left is 21". Hmmm maybe I'll try the successful spot reduction method to make them even.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I am woman hear me thunder..? in....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    ~21" of pure, sexy muscle
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    In all actuality, your thighs don't appear to be Thunder Thighs, imo, OP.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    as long as they are keeping someones ears warm... all good :devil: :tongue:
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5'2'', with 23" thighs. I guess that's on the larger side? I like my legs, actually, but do wish they wouldn't rub together. Makes for some uncomfortable summers, haha.
  • pinkpalmbrains
    Options
    I have lost 4.5 inches off my thighs but still feel like they are massive..

Ladies, what is your thigh measurement if you don't mind sharing?

Im currently sitting at approximately 21 inches

Hello! I'm wondering how long it took to lose that much and what you did :O!!! Well done! :)

I am currently about 22 inches and want to lose 4 inches - at 5'2, 22 inches does not look right :(.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    20 inch thighs here!