Chocolate - HELP?

Options
I love chocolate. Right now I am about to finish a whole huge Dairy Milk caramel nut chocolate bar. The whole big huge bar has 1000calories. How can I not eat chocolate so much? What can I substitute the chocolate with? What is my body in need for?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat just a piece of it. Or buy single serving little chocolates. If you have a Trader Joe's close, they sell some 100 calories bars that are pretty good, but they come in pack of 6, so you'll still have to resist eating the whole box...
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You had me by chocolate.
    skinny cow-
    http://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=30
    I ate the clusters and they're 120 a pack... mmmmm

and Lindt dark chocolate, I really didnt like dark chocolate before dieting but it saves me more calories. http://www.amazon.com/Lindt-Excellence-Chocolate-3-5-Ounce-Packages/dp/B002RBTXL2
    I tried the orange, spicy, plain, and the sea salt is my favorite.

and another thing you could do is not buy those large calorie item out of the store
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate kills my chocolate craving right away and I don't eat as much of it. Gotta let it melt in your mouth though; savor it.

I keep York Peppermint Patty minis around too.
  • googlebear123
    Options
    dont buy ****, dont eat ****.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've tried substitutions.....after I 've eaten all the substitutions......I always still want chocolate. I will continue to eat chocolate long after I reach my goal weight......so the key (for me) is PORTION CONTROL. Not an easy thing to do.

2 things I do:

I keep a stash of Ghiradelli squares ......these are individually wrapped. I make is a point to have one everyday.....just one.

I allow myself chocolate late in the day......provided I am on track.....as a reward of sorts.

Also, dark chocolate (not originally a big fan) seems to give me more chocolate flavor (with less sugar).
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree! But some high quality dark chocolate and have a square each evening. I had 2 today and it's only 84 calories.
  • tyleeloo30
    Options
    I drink lots of low calorie hot chocolate, and I make sure never to allow my blood sugar to go too low... otherwise I REALLY crave chocolate, and any sweet in general. Of course, nothing beats eating a milk chocolate bar, or even peanut m&m's. To die for!
  • Iconx15
    Options
    Eat Fiber One Bar
    It's pretty much the same but healthier
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    dont buy ****, dont eat ****.

Chocolate isn't feces. I know they're both brown, but one is heavenly and the other will make you puke and only dogs eat their own.
  • rella_1003
    rella_1003 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate for the win!
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I go through periods of bingeing on chocolate to not eating it at all. I have worked why I get addicted to chocolate and it has to do with caffeine. I know that this may sound weird but this is me.

If I have too much caffeine, I get sick and having itchy skin. But I love coffee and chocolate. Unfortunately the more caffeine I have the less will power I have to not having caffeine which includes softdrink, coffee and chocolate. If I detox and reduce my coffee to only one cup of decaf coffee per day oor switch to caffeine free drinks or tea and not have chocolate for a couple of days - then my body gets rid of the caffeine in my body. After that, chocolate does not interest me at all. I have gone 6 months of not having chocolate.

Unfortunately, I then have a more caffeine than I normally do and my body wants more, more and more. My will power goes out flying out the window. So very quickly, I will be back to scoffing a block of chocolate and drinking more Caffeine drinks such as coffee and coke while feeling sick and having itchy skin.

The good and bad new is that my body craves caffeine and rejects it at the same time. So come 26th of December (there is no point doing it before then) I will be back to getting rid of caffeine. A couple of days pain and my body will be back to normal until the next blow out of caffeine.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I had almost 1000 calories worth of chocolate thi s morning, 675 calories worth to be exact. It was all at work, the Christmas stuff people always bring in. I'm a broke student so my logic is that if it's free it has 0 calories hehe.

My advice? Just eat the chocolate now. Chances are you are going to get "jittery" later on and just want to eat it then. Get back to working on your normal diet and lifestyle tomorrow.

To whoever mentioned peanut M&Ms <33333333
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help but it's delicious and has chocolate in it.

http://chobani.com/products/flippeachy-pistachio/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eat Fiber One Bar
    It's pretty much the same but healthier

Ewwww.....fart bars =/= chocolate, sorry
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advice to have small amounts of dark chocolate. It's my big weakness, too, and I'm really fighting with all the stuff from vendors in the break room (Godiva!). But I have found that when I'm eating a lot of fruit, my cravings for chocolate decrease.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you're craving chocolate you may be deficient in magnesium. If you're just craving sugar (which is likely considering milk chocolate is so low in cacao), try eating more fruit and vegetables, and have plenty of good fats and protein at meals to keep you more satisfied

If you can't stop at one piece, don't buy it and don't have a substitution. Let's be honest,, if you buy a pack of small ones, you'll just eat them anyway!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this will help but it's delicious and has chocolate in it.

http://chobani.com/products/flippeachy-pistachio/

Try the coconut chocolate ones... YUM. But 250 calories.
  • bkw61
    bkw61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My go to chocolate

South Beach Dark Chocolate ON THE GO bars. 130 calories.

Hersheys Sugar-Free syrup. 11 calories for one tsp in one cup skim milk. 96 calories total.