Be kind, don't judge- bad day shopping

Options
I had gone to J-Crew today and was treated rather rudely. I tried on a dress and asked the associate if it looked good. She responded: "No I don't like it on you it is tight in the chest and is lose in the waist." I do not mind an honest opinion but what I do mind id that she laughed at me behind my back. I then asked her could I order it online in a size 12 and she said yes, then she proceeded to ask me if she had it in a size 12 in her store. In my opinion she should have offered to help me. With that said, be kind to people you never know what burden they carry and mine happens to be a weight issue; the irony here though is that she was not too small herself. If she knew my story she may have treated me differently. I used to be a size 20 or 22 and I am now a 10 or 12. It is afterall, the holidays so be kind. Anyways, I am not going to let it ruin my day; I have come too far and wanted to share my story as I am sure others have been treated this way. Keep on pushing towards your goals everybody!! I am proud of you!!!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you asked for her opinion (also known as her judgment) but then got upset because you didnt like what she had to say and don't like the fact that she was judgmental even though that's what you were asking her to be? :huh:

honestly if you're that sensitive about opinions that you dont like it's probably a good idea to not open the door to receive them by asking for them. this is true for any similar type situation in life
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't mind honest opinions. What I do mind from this situation is laughing behind my back. That is what bothers me.
    you asked for her opinion (also known as her judgment) but then got upset because you didnt like what she had to say and don't like the fact that she was judgmental even though that's what you were asking her to be? :huh:

honestly if you're that sensitive about opinions that you dont like it's probably a good idea to not open the door to receive them by asking for them. this is true for any similar type situation in life
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Having a bigger chest and smaller waist sounds like a good problem to have. Maybe you need to branch out on the style of dresses you try on to better show off your new proportions? I've even found that I might have to change my go-to stores when I change sizes because different stores seem to cater to different body proportions and things look weird even though they are the right size (maybe that is unusual, I don't know).

Shopping should be a happy thing and her behavior was uncalled for. If you think the situation warrants, you could put in a complaint about that associate and explain that she is the reason you did not buy a dress there.
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
    Having a bigger chest and smaller waist sounds like a good problem to have. Maybe you need to branch out on the style of dresses you try on to better show off your new proportions? I've even found that I might have to change my go-to stores when I change sizes because different stores seem to cater to different body proportions and things look weird even though they are the right size (maybe that is unusual, I don't know).

Shopping should be a happy thing and her behavior was uncalled for. If you think the situation warrants, you could put in a complaint about that associate and explain that she is the reason you did not buy a dress there.
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened to you :cry: Sometimes the laughing behind your back can hurt the most, but I'm happy you're not letting it get to you!

Merry Christmas :flowerforyou:
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have big arms, broad shoulders, tiny waist, bigger hips and thighs.. big butt, barely any boob-age left.. Some things look ghastly on me... :huh: :embarassed:

Sorry bout the lady, shoulda given her the what for! :grumble: .. Well, maybe not - but sometimes we all need our skin thickened a teenie bit!

Best wishes.. :flowerforyou: