Bring Back Phil Robertson!

Options
Well, you can tell by my UserID that I love Duck Dynasty! So today when I found out that A&E suspended Phil for some comments that he made in an interview with GQ I was disappointed. Here is a quote from the Bring Back Phil Robertson Facebook page. What do you think?

"Why is it only Liberals have freedom of speech?

Phil Robertson expressed his beliefs, anchored in his religious faith. He did it on his own, away from the show, and not as a representative of A&E Networks. It is an outrage that he should be punished and censored from those comments."

Replies

• Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If he wants to be a bigot, that’s his right. His views are intolerant in my opinion, especially for a so-called Christian.

He can say what he wants, but he was suspended because he works for a major company (A&E) that is trying to avoid backlash to their cash cow. He represents the company 24/7 especially when talking to a national publication, so no it was not “on his own”. If he said it at the kitchen table with the local yokels, it wouldn’t be an issue (sad nonetheless); but he’s a public figure who represents A&E.

It has nothing to do with be liberal or conservative.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    make the poor mods work hard today the last post got the big kabash
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think you're a little late ... :ohwell:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well you know what i think!!!!!!!!!!