FitBit

Options
well I just got fitbit, I guess I am unsure the best settings for sure.

I also noticed it not registering here as in exercise in cardio

I am sure its a learning process

any advice -- let me know

Replies

• NerwenAldarion
    NerwenAldarion Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is sync the fitbit app with My Fitness Pal.

Under exercises you will see a "Fitbit calorie adjustment" that will start off at 0 if you are under or at your MFP calorie estimation (you can turn off the negative so it will show that you have burned less than what MFP assumes). If your fitbit shows you have burned more than the MFP will slowly add that throughout the day and you will see it in your diary.

I still recommend logging any cardiovascular activity you do so MFP gets an accurate estimation of calories burned. In addition, you can log start and finish times with fitbit to log how many calories you burned in the time frame
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If you log your cardio here AND use the Fitbit adjustment and you 'eat back' you should exclude one of them or else you'll be eating back double.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you log your cardio here AND use the Fitbit adjustment and you 'eat back' you should exclude one of them or else you'll be eating back double.

If you log your start and stop time it will override the FitBit adjustment for that same time period so you won't have this issue.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    When you say 'log your start and stop time' are you meaning you do that and also designate that period with some database activity, like say 'kickboxing class', on the Fitbit site? And then Fitbit counts that database burn in your daily totals but doesn't send it to MFP? That seems odd. Why would the Fitbit assume you logged it in both places and exclude it from your total it sends to MFP? Not doubting, just curious. I don't log activities or use MFP's plan.
  • jabby220
    Options
    okay thank you I take your advice and see how it works