Weekend Challenge (for Monday 7/28)

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
Okay...thought I'd start this. We should do it everyweekend to help motivate each other to lose over the weekend, rather than my normal gain! So...

Weight today (Friday 7/25)--167.5 pounds

Challenges this weekend--yep...tonight I'm helping throw a surprise 21st birthday for one of my best girlfriends and first off won't have time to workout, and second...I KNOW I can't say no to drinking with her. SO...I'm going to just try and drink lots of water all day and even more tomorrow. Plus, since I probably won't be able to get up for my normal Saturday morning Spin class, I will plan on hitting up the gym later tomorrow and running my little (well...will one day be little) butt off!!! That's the plan. Saturday and Sunday should be no problem to stay within my allowed calories. And I will probably hit up the gym on Sunday too since I can't get there today. Wish me luck!!! And I wish you all luck as well!!!

I'll check back tomorrow and share my disasters of this evening! :drinker: Have a GREAT Friday and let's work on losing this weekend!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    Okay...thought I'd start this. We should do it everyweekend to help motivate each other to lose over the weekend, rather than my normal gain! So...

Weight today (Friday 7/25)--167.5 pounds

Challenges this weekend--yep...tonight I'm helping throw a surprise 21st birthday for one of my best girlfriends and first off won't have time to workout, and second...I KNOW I can't say no to drinking with her. SO...I'm going to just try and drink lots of water all day and even more tomorrow. Plus, since I probably won't be able to get up for my normal Saturday morning Spin class, I will plan on hitting up the gym later tomorrow and running my little (well...will one day be little) butt off!!! That's the plan. Saturday and Sunday should be no problem to stay within my allowed calories. And I will probably hit up the gym on Sunday too since I can't get there today. Wish me luck!!! And I wish you all luck as well!!!

I'll check back tomorrow and share my disasters of this evening! :drinker: Have a GREAT Friday and let's work on losing this weekend!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    SO...no one's going to join me this weekend?? :cry:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I'll join! =)

This week I callenge myself:

To not over eat at sunday dinner. I always have a hard time stopping when I'm full because the food is right there on the table in front of me, just begging me to have seconds.

To go for a long bike ride on saturday. I haven't done this in ages and I really need to. I've been walking most days which is good, but I wanna build up my endurance on the bike too.

And not to eat all the yummy cookies my mother-in-law baked! She just got a new stove(after living without one for 6 years) and she's gone a little baked-good-crazy.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yay Livi! Usually there's a TON of people doing this every weekend...maybe they'll join later!?! Who knows. If it's just us, that's fine! Let's DO it!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Why not; I'm IN!

Weigh in (Friday 7/25) -- 162.6

Relay for Life tonight. YIKS food everywhere. Like going to the fair. How can you not eat :laugh: :tongue: Walking the track though. So hope to counter the food. :blushing:

Saturday home; I eat when I am home all day. Bored why not get up and check the fridge. Kids want a snack, why not eat something now also.. YUCK

Sunday BBQ with family. They all are overweight and eat a ton of junk. So I will have to make a safe dish to have there for myself. I work out normally in the morning so as long as I can push myself extra should be ok.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Wooohooo melody!!! Glad to have you join us!!!
  • Busy_Wife08
    Options
    I'll join...I'm not sure what I should put though...I will keep track of my calories and exercise for 1 hour every night this weekend. I will also aim to drink NO soda...even diet, and drink at least 5 cups of water a day.

I can't weigh myself yet cause I'm at work =)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    These weekend challenges were originally started because it's easy to fall out of the normal healthy habits that we use during the week. SO...this is a challenge to stay the same, if not lose, weight over the weekend and NOT gain. Just so you guys know what it's about!

BusyWife...good to have you join us!!!

Good luck friends!:flowerforyou:
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    oooh!
    I'm right there with you! I have a two day bachelorette extravaganza this weekend!
    We're headed out in a limo to "wine country" from 10-6 p.m. God help me! Then we are going to a club. In the morning we're going for brunch. This could be a disaster!

I vow to only taste a couple tablespoons worth of each wine, to drink enough water, and stay away from the cheese table.
    I will dance my booty off at the club to sub for my cardio, maybe carry a couple "tipsy" friends to the bar for my resistance training(jk...but maybe not lol)

on sunday for brunch I will have fruit and toast (and probably a mimosa)
  • mhosner
    Options
    oooh!
    I'm right there with you! I have a two day bachelorette extravaganza this weekend!
    We're headed out in a limo to "wine country" from 10-6 p.m. God help me! Then we are going to a club. In the morning we're going for brunch. This could be a disaster!

I vow to only taste a couple tablespoons worth of each wine, to drink enough water, and stay away from the cheese table.
    I will dance my booty off at the club to sub for my cardio, maybe carry a couple "tipsy" friends to the bar for my resistance training(jk...but maybe not lol)

on sunday for brunch I will have fruit and toast (and probably a mimosa)

Yiks! I wish you luck. Workout when you can; if you can. Dancing is a great way to lose weight. Bust out your moves :tongue: and move, move, move. More dancing you do more water you will want to drink and maybe less :drinker: and still have a great time. Enjoy! I think someone posted a couple days ago; lower calorie drinks. Keep those in mind when ordering from the bar and you will do fine.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Yay! I didn't see this post earlier.

My plan for the weekend is...

Friday
    --Walk 2 miles + BL Power Sculpt Level 2
    >DONE!
    --25 modified pushups
    --Drink lots of water
    --Remain within calories
    --Cookout tonight w/friends--the menu includes grilled fish, potatoes, and salad.... AND Corona Light (99 cals each)... I will have two or three with lots of water in between! Luckily my friends are healthy eaters!

Saturday
    --Walk 3.5 miles
    --25 modified pushups
    --Drink lots of water
    --Remain within calories

Sunday
    --Walk 3 miles + BL Power Sculpt Level 2
    --25 modified pushups
    --Drink lots of water
    --Remain within calories

Good luck everyone! Check-in Monday?
  • mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I love this idea!!!! Great way to set and goal and be accountable for it.

I am on call all weekend, I never know when and how much I will have to work. But my goal is to get to the gym for 1hour + Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.
    I should not have a problem staying in my calories because husband and son will be gone, so less temptations.
    Should be a good weekend.
    Good luck to all.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    So . . . I've been feeling guilty b/c I kind of dropped out of the 20-somethings challenge. :ohwell: But, if you'll have me, I'd really like to to commit to this weekend challenge . . .

Here are my goals:

NO alcohol
    NO soda
    NO caffeine
    One hour of exercise every day (Friday is done already -- whooo hoooo!)
    Eat all my calories all 3 days

Weight on Friday: 164

Will be travelling on Monday so I don't know if I can post then but will do so if I can . . .

Thanks for starting this! Good luck to everyone!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • mhosner
    Options
    Did pretty good last night at the walk. The girls wanted to walk and let me tell you - 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old girls don't walk very fast. So I only did 6 laps around the track. Which is only 1 1/2 miles, in an hour. YIKS. But something and it was for a good cause. I had 8 nacho chips dipped. Half a bag of popcorn not sure how to put that in for yesterday in food log. But my down fall is pop and I had a can of mt. dew. So overall not bad, but yes bad!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning! Last night was fun! I drank WAY too much, went WAY over on calories and danced my butt off! This morning had a late start but ran for an hour at the gym. Will probably eat minimally today making up for last night and tomorrow back to normal eating ALL my calories for the day. Gonna try and run again tomorrow!

Hope everyone is doing well! Let's see a loss on Monday!!!:drinker:
  • natalie424
    Options
    Glad you had fun, Kristin... I'm impressed that you ran for an hour! Good for you!

Today I did BL Cardio Max DVD! I'm making pizza tonight using turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese! YUM!

I plan to go for a short walk after dinner.. and hopefully 25 modified push ups.

Happy Saturday! :)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks Natalie! Yum...your pizza sounds wonderful! I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm only up half a pound from yesterday so I'm sure I can lose that again before the weekend is up. It's probably water anyway!

Well...I'll check back tomorrow!:flowerforyou:
  • Briana_XD
    Briana_XD Posts: 5
    Options
    Ahh, I wish I would've stuck to this. I tend to eat like a beast on Saturdays, especially if I do good for the rest of the week. I consider it a reward to myself. Today I rewarded a bit TOO much. I had a graduation party and a block party. And I'm a veggie, so the only thing that I could eat was complete junk. Everything remotely healthy had meat in it. I feel like crap now =/.
  • natalie424
    Options
    Sunday update...

I'm really sore from yesterday, but I managed to do BL Cardio + Sculpting DVD. I'm planning a walk after dinner. I also need to drink extra water today! I feel sluggish and I think I didn't get enough water the past couple of days.
  • northernmama705
    Options
    Sunday confession.....

Well, I met most of my goals for yesterday. As you may remember we had my BIL's memorial golf tourney..5th annual to honour him (he died from cancer at 39)

I did walk MOST of the 18 holes which was a good hilly walk/workout
    I did stick to lite beer....but drank more than I should have:devil:

I did not count calories at dinner and misbehaved for sure (skipped dessert though)

However, this is a one time per year tourney and a great day with family and friends remembering a wonderful guy!

The greatest news is in this ONE day tourney we raised close to $30 000! Half of the proceeds are going to our local chapter of KidSport which funds sports opportunities for underpriviledged kids and half goes to the James D. Smyth Pediatric Stroke Fund at SickKids. (fund my sister established in his memory as their son had a stroke when he was 4)

Overall a great day for great causes....Today we are packing so my goal is to drink tons of water (I am a wee be dehydrated today:tongue: and do 30 day SHRED. Probably all I can manage today but will go to spinning tomorrow for sure.