If you lose weight, you will....

Options
I was searching for some weight loss motivation online and found this list of reasons to lose weight. This reminds me of why I am this journey!

source: http://voices.yahoo.com/70-reasons-lose-weight-2544999.html

· If you lose weight, you will be more appealing to others.

· If you lose weight, you can have skinny people as friends again.

· If you lose weight, you will feel the power of accomplishment.

· If you lose weight, you can get regular shoes instead of Velcro.

· If you lose weight, you won't have to worry about wearing revealing clothes such as shorts or a bathing suit.

· If you lose weight, you will stop wearing out the thighs of your pants.

· If you lose weight, you can bury that self-consciousness about people watching you eat, wondering how much you weigh, and all those other mental games that the conscious is capable of.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to go out in a boat on a lake.

· If you lose weight, you will feel like playing with your pets again, and you will be able to.

· If you lose weight, you won't embarrass people when you tell them you are not pregnant.

· If you lose weight, the clothes you wear will look better on you and will appear tailored instead of baggy and sloppy.

· If you lose weight, you can toss those industrial-sized granny panties and get some that are cute and sexy.

· If you lose weight, not only will you ease your mind about your health, you will ease the minds of friends and family who also worry about you.

· If you lose weight, you can quit worrying about coming up with new excuses for being overweight.

· If you lose weight, getting dressed in the morning will be enjoyable instead of the trigger for depression.

· If you lose weight, you can shave all of your legs instead of just what you can reach.

· If you lose weight, you will feel sexier and when you feel sexier, you will become sexier.

· If you lose weight, you will feel more comfortable when driving or riding in a car.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to use a regular towel instead of the beach towels.

· If you lose weight, you will feel good about yourself.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to wear one of the patient gowns at the doctor's office instead of two or three.

· If you lose weight, you will feel better physically.

· If you lose weight, your breasts will undoubtedly stick out farther than your stomach.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to buy stylish clothes that you like, not just because they fit.

· If you lose weight, you won't mind telling people how much you weigh.

· If you lose weight, your heart won't have to work as hard.

· If you lose weight, you can cross your legs again.

· If you lose weight, you will be happier.

· If you lose weight, you won't dread having your picture taken.

· If you lose weight, you will be healthier and less likely to acquire illnesses associated with weight gain such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, and poor circulation.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to wipe yourself completely again.

· If you lose weight, you won't mind eating around others.

· If you lose weight, you will be better able to detect tumors or abnormal growths.

· If you lose weight, you will eat healthier food; therefore your family will eat healthier.

· If you lose weight, you won't perspire as much, and will feel and smell cleaner.

· If you lose weight, you will be less winded when walking stairs or long distances.

· If you lose weight, your laundry time will be reduced because of the smaller clothing.

· If you lose weight, you will become an inspiration and motivator to others who are trying to lose weight.

· If you lose weight, people in the grocery store won't be analyzing your cart to see what you're eating that's making you so fat.

· If you lose weight, you will live longer.

· If you lose weight, you can ride a horse instead of torturing it.

· If you lose weight, you won't have a fear of scales any more.

· If you lose weight, friends and family will be able to remember you as a small person instead of a fat person.

· If you lose weight, you will look better, and when you look better, you automatically feel better.

· If you lose weight, you won't dislike skinny people again.

· If you lose weight, you won't mind looking in the mirror.

· If you lose weight, you will want to go to that next class reunion.

· If you lose weight, your back and feet will thank you.

· If you lose weight, you can ride a motorcycle again because you will be able to successfully lean with the bike.

· If you lose weight, you will become less critical and negative about yourself.

· If you lose weight, your grocery bill will be reduced.

· If you lose weight, you will want to take the stairs instead of the elevator (and you'll be able to!).

· If you lose weight, your doctor's visits and medical expenses will likely be reduced.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to order clothes from your favorite catalog again.

· If you lose weight, you will feel like doing more activities.

· If you lose weight, you will have more mobilityto do things like, play with kids/grandkids, walk, run, do housework, yard work, etc.

· If you lose weight, you can enjoy dancing again without feeling ashamed.

· If you lose weight, close friends and family will stop naggingyou about dieting and losing weight.

· If you lose weight, you will be more likely to exercise which will make you more physically fit.

· If you lose weight, you will be able to wear a sexy bra (that actually fits).

· If you lose weight, you will have more confidence and boost your self-esteem.

· If you lose weight, summer can be your favorite season of the year again.

· If you lose weight, you will get to wear smaller sized clothing.

· If you lose weight, your doctor will stop badgering you about weight loss plans, healthy eating, blah, blah, blah. (Like you really want to look the way you do.)

· If you lose weight, shopping will be more enjoyable because you will be looking for smaller sized clothes in the latest styles.

· If you lose weight, you won't feel hatred toward mirrors anymore.

· If you lose weight, you will unleash energy that's been stored up inside you.

· If you lose weight, you can offer support and encouragement to others who are trying to lose weight.

· If you lose weight, your socks will stay up over your calves.

· If you lose weight, you can go to the movies again and not have to worry about fitting in the seats.

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    very inspiring! thank u for sharing this!:)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Couldnt be ar5ed to read all that. However,

" If you lose weight, you can have skinny people as friends again"

What a snobbish load of rubbish.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight, you won't perspire as much, and will feel and smell cleaner.

*not true. I swear I sweat more now that I am more fit.

· If you lose weight, your laundry time will be reduced because of the smaller clothing.

*also not true. Laundry is full of work out clothes.

· If you lose weight, you will become less critical and negative about yourself.

*more critical.. always more to improve
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

BUT with that attitude, you may lose your 'fat' friends.
    Headdesk
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This is funny but true

" If you lose weight, you will stop wearing out the thighs of your pants. "
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i dont like stuff like that.

cause im overweigh. i cant have skinny friends? i do have them.

i cant wear a swimsuit that doesnt look its made for a granny? sorry but i do

i cant go on a boat? im on a bout moiste of the summer since i own one, and god damn i have fun on it

i shouldnt feel sexy? i feel comfortable in my skin (yes i am losing weight, but not cause of that) and hell i have days when i feel sexy

i wouldnt mix critical and negative...each kg i lose i become more critical, negative...i was never negative about myself

etc
  • squishybarb
    squishybarb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    • If you lose weight, you will be more appealing to others.
    What about being appealing to yourself? Health first.

• If you lose weight, you can have skinny people as friends again.
    Who would want skinny friends, if they don’t accept you for who you are? What about your heavier friends?

• If you lose weight, you will stop wearing out the thighs of your pants.
    I’ve lost weight, and my thighs still touch. I still get fuzz-balls where my pants come together from rubbing… some girls that lift heavy will still have touching thighs.. at times it’s how your built, not the amount of fat on your body.. look this myth up.

• If you lose weight, you can toss those industrial-sized granny panties and get some that are cute and sexy.
    I have still seen cute and sexy clothes for full-figured women…

• If you lose weight, you will feel sexier and when you feel sexier, you will become sexier.
    State of mind – not based solely on weight.

• If you lose weight, you will feel good about yourself.
    You can feel good about yourself, regardless.

• If you lose weight, your breasts will undoubtedly stick out farther than your stomach.
    Not necessarily. My breasts have shrunk significantly and aren’t “huge” like they were before-hand. Certain things will be sacrificed. I miss my “girls.”

• If you lose weight, you will be happier.
    Again, state of mind.

• If you lose weight, you will eat healthier food; therefore your family will eat healthier.
    LOL not true at all.

• If you lose weight, you will live longer.
    Unless you get hit by a bus or die of a genetic disease.

• If you lose weight, you won't have a fear of scales any more.
    Sometimes I’m still afraid of my scale.

Not being mean. I think a lot of what you’ve put on here has to do with your outlook on life in general. However, I agree with a lot of it! I too, disliked having my picture taken, and now I’m a lot more comfortable in front of a camera. I do like getting dressed. I do like when my clothes fit comfortably. But you can still feel sexy without “losing weight.” Being healthier is one thing; just doing it solely based on appearance isn’t always a sure-fire way to be happy. Sometimes I will occasionally become discouraged because my body isn’t perfect.. even though I’ve lost a good amount of weight. Sometimes I don’t think we’ll ever be satisfied, because we’re human! Don’t do it for the wrong reason, find the right ones.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I would like to add that anybody can look bad in a picture.
  • justbeachy01
    justbeachy01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    uhhh...I stopped reading after the "having skinny friends" part. Sorry dear, I think we need to have better attitudes than this!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    So, from what I gather from this, if you are fat, you should constantly be ashamed of yourself and embarrassed. Alrighty then.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Man, I don't miss being a teenage girl with a huge self confidence issue.. my goodness, that is all pretty extreme and ridiculous!
  • vrmshoes
    vrmshoes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woaw, I don't like that list at all.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your time and effort in posting this.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Man, I don't miss being a teenage girl with a huge self confidence issue.. my goodness, that is all pretty extreme and ridiculous!

I second that....Im thinking to my self, the people who made this article do they live in the real world? Plus half the crap doesnt exactly apply to real life. My favorite is youll appear more tailored. Ha yea as soon as I get "skinny" Im going to a tailor to look tailored for my clothing
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    Couldnt be ar5ed to read all that. However,

What a snobbish load of rubbish.

YEP!!!!
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    · If you lose weight, you will stop wearing out the thighs of your pants.

True facts, that won't happen for me unless I loose an unhealthy amount of weight. I was wearing the thighs out of my pants at a size 2 and a dancer. Here's to muscular legs.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Some of these are really stupid
  • LeahMaria26
    LeahMaria26 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "If you lose weight, you will be able to wipe yourself completely again"

WTF?! I didn't realise this was an issue for people?!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    "If you lose weight, you will be able to wipe yourself completely again"

WTF?! I didn't realise this was an issue for people?!

Lmfao I didnt even read that one I must of skipped over it
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    oh lawdy do I take issue with this...

point numero uno: Drop the passive approach you're taking toward health. Weight doesn't define you as a person. If that's what you see as the barrier toward being happy with yourself, then I think you need to reasses your priorities.

point numero dos: Thin people are not magical unicorns with glorious perfect lives. I'm relatively thin and there are still days I dislike what I see in the mirror, days I don't feel so hunky dory about my life, days that people nag me about what I eat. The list goes on, and I know without a doubt that I'm not alone in this.

Not to be harsh OP, just my $0.02 :flowerforyou: