Getting ready to start Turbo Fire

Options
Hi everyone! I'm prepping to start my first round of Turbo Fire and looking for buddies/support/advice....all of the above. I have not been exercising in 5-6 months so thinking I should do the 9 week prep schedule to start and not injure myself.
For those of you that have done this program I am wondering what works best for workout surface? I will be doing the program in my basement. I have the option of straight up concrete or carpet w/no pad or thought about buying some of those exercise squares you can get at Target/Sears etc..... Shoes or no shoes? I know my knees are pretty weak and with my added 30lbs of weight they will be crying for a few weeks.
Thanks everyone!
I am really trying to be committed and start off on a good foot. I need to complete this program!! I don't have any workout friends or support system besides hubby outside of MFP so I'm hoping to make some connections here and be that person for others as well.
Have a great day!

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh! Have fun! TF is my soulmate workout, I LOVE it!

Definitely try to get some cushioning. If you can get those padded squares, do so as there is a lot of plyo and you'll need the support. With that said you'll DEFINITELY want to have good, supportive shoes for the same reason! Even if you don't do the plyo now you'll eventually get there and you don't want to injure yourself by pounding bare feet on concrete! Lastly, pay attention to your form as there are a lot of twists for your knees so watch the how-to videos!

Please feel free to friend me! I LOVE talking Turbo!
  • Maieranne77

That is great. I am starting turbo fire tomorrow (Sunday) . We can let each other know how the workout goes each day.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is an amazing work-out! But if you have bad knee (or just want to protect them) you can follow the ``low impact`` version (same DVD`s,. just follow the girl beside the instructor). Have fun!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would suggest getting a good pair of high performance shoes or at least good running shoes. Bare feet on concrete or little protection will hurt your knees. I picked up a pair of Brooks GTS 13's an love them.
  • navy_taxi
    Options
    Yay, more TFers! I am currently on my last week of TF (I have the 12-week version as the 20-week is not available in the UK) and have found it extremely enjoyable! I would second all of the recommendations that you use a good pair of shoes/padded floor. As much as I have loved TF I have found it to be extremely tough on my knees (largely my own fault, as I have not modified the moves despite niggling pains).

Best of luck with starting your prep schedule!
  • emotigirl
    emotigirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just started Turbo Fire today and would love to share my progress. Add me ;)
  • bethja07
    bethja07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I purchased turbo fire two years ago and never really got going with it. I want to start it in the next couple of days because I remember it was a great workout! Please add me so we can motivate each other to do the turbo fire workouts! :wink:
  • ashley0314
    ashley0314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Absolutely count me in! I did 4 weeks back in August then got sick and never got back into it. Definitely go with what the others said, good shoes and padded floor for sure. I personally do mine on carpet because that's what is available but I don't think I could do it no hardwood or tile.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of my second round of TF. Completed my first round back in July and am hoping to get better results/push harder this time around! First round (I think it was 12 or 15 weeks as I didn't have the advanced workouts - well I ordered them for this round!) I lost 16 pounds and 7 inches. I got a HRM this time around so I can more accurately track calories and I am going to add some weight lifting as I got dumbbells for an early Xmas gift during the HIIT days. Must look amazing by Spring! :) TF is so much fun and I sweat like a banshee each time. I would HIGHLY recommend it.
  • Drincon25
    Drincon25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quoting Chalene here... "GET NEW SHOES"

I agree with the posters above... Supportive shoes are a must. There's a lot of high impact and intensity in TF!!!! Btw... You'll just LOVE the program!
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :happy: yay ... TurboFire
    I started with the Prep Schedule, used the "new to class" version for all 9 weeks ... it does help, Chalene explains the moves and I truly needed that (I am very uncoordinated)
    On my first round (9 week prep, 12 weeks reg schedule plus the 8 weeks advanced) I lost 40lbs ... then I slacked and gained 30lbs back ...:mad:

As of today I am in week 11 of the regular schedule (this is my second round and started with prep again)
    My weight is coming off (for good this time) and I can feel my muscles changing...
    Fire45EZ is my favorite ...

I love TurboFire, add me as friend if you like

Enjoy the FIYAH!! :wink:

PS: get some shoes with very good support ... even if you decide on carpet ... you don't need shoes for the stretch but for everything else
  • pdmitra
    pdmitra Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

So glad there are people doing turbo fire at the same time. I am on week three. I thought I'd do a Brazil Butt Lift and TF Hybrid, but you know what, I just love TF. I'm back to doing it full time. I do plan to add a few BBL workouts for core and lower body work out.

I just bought a set of wrist weights to accelerate the workouts and increase the intensity, but I must tell you... its tough as hell!!! But I am still so kicked about it.

Lets do this people! :happy:
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

How is everyone going with this? I'm about to start week 2 and I am really loving it! What sort of results are you getting? Is anymore noticing more on the tape measure than on the scales?

Hope your all going well with it!

x
  • pdmitra
    Options
    Hey guys...
    Ru following the nutrition plan as specified in the kit?
  • aprilyankee
    aprilyankee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am also starting Turbo Fire next week so would love some support. I'm doing mine on the living room carpet that is well padded so I think should be good there. Has anyone run across any issues with the program? I've heard nothing but great things.
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Wear shoes! There is a lot of jumping involved even with carpet it can be pretty high impact!. I am in love with Turbo Fire - best workout ever! :) x
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh! Have fun! TF is my soulmate workout, I LOVE it!

Definitely try to get some cushioning. If you can get those padded squares, do so as there is a lot of plyo and you'll need the support. With that said you'll DEFINITELY want to have good, supportive shoes for the same reason! Even if you don't do the plyo now you'll eventually get there and you don't want to injure yourself by pounding bare feet on concrete! Lastly, pay attention to your form as there are a lot of twists for your knees so watch the how-to videos!

Please feel free to friend me! I LOVE talking Turbo!

^^^^^^^ this -- I LOVE TURBO FIRE!! I do it in my basement - i have the padded squares, please wear shoes and watch those knees - had a set back while doing this program and had to have knee therapy...it didn't stop me, I just modified and keep on going - great results - love Chalene Johnson!
  • pdmitra
    Options
    Wear shoes! There is a lot of jumping involved even with carpet it can be pretty high impact!. I am in love with Turbo Fire - best workout ever! :) x

OMG its so awesomeeee!!!! I can't wait to get home and start working out again!!! never thought I'd feel this way.. haha!
  • Project_Jodie
    Options
    Me either! Turbo 55 tonight for me - never thought I'd be excited about an hour long cardio workout! WOO WOO :) x
  • SabrinaJEdwards
    Options
    I am so PUMPED up to start TF! I just got the DVD set from a friend and she absotely love it, it's her "soul mate workout"! The only down side is she only had the DVD set. I found the workout schedulle online and printed it out but I am still looking for the fuel the fire book and anything else I may need to successfully get started. I have no clue about the certain nutrition guide TF has. If anyone has them or away you can send them to me please do. I would also love to keep in touch with anyone who is also starting it! Way to go girls! We got this:)