I got asked if I was pregnant tonight!!!

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER been asked this. I am always reading stories like this on MFP and I'm kind of surprised that I haven't. Although, I think that it may be because even morbidly obese at around 300 lb I carried my weight all over and I have a defined fat roll above my waist and then plumpness below the waist so it's not the type of belly that looks pregnant even though it looks pretty yuck! haha I do like my body...especially now those rolls are drastically reduced. But yeah...
  • fedupfatty86
    fedupfatty86 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, I've been asked that before and it pissed me off lol. This was about a year and a half ago and this customer who used to come into my old job came into my current one and the first thing that came out of his mouth was oh are you expecting? I wanted to curse him out but instead I told him that I wasn't pregnant and you should never ask a woman if she's pregnant. Just plain rude
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So tonight at a dinner party that we go to every other Wednesday a friend brought another friend I hadn't seen in about a year. I don't believe I weight any more or less then when I seen that person last time and he truthfully asked if I was pregnant. I could tell he felt horrible when I said no and everyone in the room was like OMG!!! I know things like this shouldn't bother me but this will stay with me for a while. I'm going to try to use this as motivation towards my goal. Funny thing was one of the other girls at the dinner party announced she was pregnant.....the guy tried to save himself by saying he didn't know who it was just that he sensed it was in the air LOL

Have you ever been asked if you were pregnant before when you weren't and how did you handle it?

oh no u better look out girl!!
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i was in class 8 then !!
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm that guy! I always have to shut my mouth to not offend anyone. I'm too friendly sometimes and have asked someone if they're pregnant on a number of occassions. I always try to be sure they are first. Most of the time I just bite my tongue. And never strangers!!

I've also been mistaken to be pregnant. I was standing on the subway in a puffy winter coat and a girl in her 20s tried to give me her seat. Haha. I didn't take offense. The thought is not a negative one.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    So tonight at a dinner party that we go to every other Wednesday a friend brought another friend I hadn't seen in about a year. I don't believe I weight any more or less then when I seen that person last time and he truthfully asked if I was pregnant. I could tell he felt horrible when I said no and everyone in the room was like OMG!!! I know things like this shouldn't bother me but this will stay with me for a while. I'm going to try to use this as motivation towards my goal. Funny thing was one of the other girls at the dinner party announced she was pregnant.....the guy tried to save himself by saying he didn't know who it was just that he sensed it was in the air LOL

Have you ever been asked if you were pregnant before when you weren't and how did you handle it?

I can`t even count how many times I`ve been asked..... It`s becoming a f**cking joke!! And I work will elderly people who are not shy about asking. I have been touched at the same time also! (``When are you due??`` with the belly rub.....yep) I mean, seriously, if the girl is not like 9 months pregnant or giving birth before your eyes, just shut your mouth and keep your hands to yourself! Don`t ask. Just don`t.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I never ask if someone is pregnant, even if it's obvious, I think it's really rude to comment. A girl we worked with was keeping her pregnancy a "secret" and finally fessed up at 7 months thinking we hadn't noticed.:laugh:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you.
    I got asked by a relative at a thanksgiving party as I was holding my 3 month old infant.
    I was so proud of myself cause I was wearing a new grey wool jumper after losing a good amount of my baby weight.
    I cried.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I haven't been asked, probably because I carry most of my weight on my hips. You may have also just been unusually bloated; I'm really bloated at the moment and I feel like I look pregnant, although I'm positive I'm not since I'm bloated due to my period.

I never ask people or assume if I'm not positive. I always get nervous debating whether or not to offer my seat on the subway to someone who looks pregnant. I'll only do this if it's very obvious, like if her belly is disproportionately large.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I was asked 26 years ago and I still vividly remember it. I wasn't even that fat back then, maybe 20 pounds overweight. It seems to happen to the ladies who are only a bit overweight. It is a very rude and obnoxious question, especially if another woman asks because it is probably meant to be catty. Guys who ask are usually just clueless morons.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    This past Thanksgiving I told my sisters that I was pregnant. My 15 year old sister said "ooohh, I knew something was different but I didnt want to ask because you look like you just got fat."
    I tried not to laugh as she went red and immediately tried eating her words and apologizing. I enjoyed watching her squirm for a few seconds before saying "it's okay, really, I think I just look like I got fat!"
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got asked by a complete stranger at work if I was pregnant. I said, "No, I'm just fat."

That shut them up. I know it was a blunt answer but that's not an appropriate question to ask someone.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Yes, that happened to me. I just said "The last time I was pregnant, it was with twins but only one ever came out." lol
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 1/2 year old & have constantly been asked if I'm pregnant or when I'm having another/ why haven't I had another yet/ when will I have another. That's like the first thing people ask. Its VERY annoying!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

I'm so bad....I would've teared up just a tad and said dramatically, "Why HONEY this is YOUR baby! How could you be so horrible? Of COURSE this is your child YOU are the ONLY man I've ever been with in my whole life, and our love has produced this new little bundle of JOY. Honey you've been gone so long are you EVER going to come Home?". Put your hand to his chest, look up into his eyes and with a little catch in your voice, a hushed tone "My lawyer will get in touch with you for CHILD SUPPORT".

Then walk away. :laugh: :laugh:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Oh yes... just patted my belly and said "... no, just fat...".:huh: I could tell this woman was totally embarrassed :blushing: - and so were my children. I tried to lighten the situation as much as possible. :flowerforyou: / :sad: Felt so depressed for so long after that time. :frown:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i wish someone would ask me! guess even at 37 weeks its no bueno to ask the fat lady if shes pregnant
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I got asked twice in one day! In the defense of the people who asked, I realized later that the scrub top I was wearing did, in fact, make me look about 4 months pregnant. When I got home that night, the shirt went in the trash :)
  • slenderizeme
    slenderizeme Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is one of the rudest questions you can ask someone. I have been asked that about 10 times! People need to learn to mind their own business. If someone is pregnant and wants you to know they will tell you!!! It is okay to say "I don't feel comfortable discussing that with you."
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    i wish someone would ask me! guess even at 37 weeks its no bueno to ask the fat lady if shes pregnant

Awww. Are you pregnant? There you go :smile: