Came Back, Need Motivaiton & tips!

Options
Hey whats going on MFP,

Back at it again! Anyone can hit me with tips & diets anything that can help. My health is at risk. I am a 25 year old weighing at 383lbs. And I am to the point where I'm DONE. I have gone to far. Would like some new friends! Feel FREE to request. Need motivation as much as possible. I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Jayy

Replies

• LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Welcome back! Two biggest tips - weigh/measure and log everything....also drink your water.

The rest is what you know how to do - log your exercise, find a mantra that works for you and start saying it out loud to yourself (Mine is "Doing it for the Damn you got HOT!"), take it slow, don't expect results overnight.

Feel free to add me. I am happy there is a "like" button now because it allows me to let people know that I've seen their status and that I support them. I started needing to lose a "super model" weight wise. I'm now down to less than a super model. I am older than you and not logging every bite or every drink (alcohol) so my progress has been slower than it needs to be. All that said, I'm still losing and have actually lost this holiday season, with a slight gain this week probably due to a Holiday Party last Saturday with way too much alcohol for weight loss and not enough exercise to offset it.

You can do this!!!!
  • dlharwell
    dlharwell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have tried several different diet plans over the past 4 months. I've lost around 15 pounds. The problem is I haven't lost any weight in the past several weeks. Very discouraging. Myfitnesspal makes it very easy to track, but I need support and encouragement. I am 53 and need to lose about 60 pounds. I am willing to work hard, but need encouragement to continue when the scales are not cooperating. Would appreciate any suggestions.
  • Jayy88
    Jayy88 Posts: 14
    Options
    Think we are both in the same page. Motiviation it is!
  • Quantumanthem
    Options
    Hey Jay88

Nice to meet you! :) I guess it's really all about your mindset and having perserverance, because really if you think about it.. weight loss is just calories in < calories out.. but in the lifestyle we're in these days.. it is SO hard! I'm looking to lose 7kgs, and it's always "I'll start tomorrow" arrghhh So annoying!!

Feel free to add me so we can chat and motivate each other! :)

Cheers !!
  • Jayy88
    Jayy88 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you for the support! Request submitted :)
  • HazelChase
    HazelChase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm on here pretty regularly, and would love to help you with motivation and tips!
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 22 and I'm clocking in about 260 these days. I've lost about 25 pounds in the two months I've been here. I think the best tips that I have even though I've got a lot left to lose is to write down EVERYTHING that you consume and to cut out desserts. I haven't had dessert for about 3 months and it works beautifully because I never binge on it, plus I can eat more of lower calorie foods. I went sugar free for 2 weeks before I startedMFP and its worked well for me. Feel free to add me! I'm on my app multiple times a day punching in calories and comment on statuses and milestones fairly often. My diary is open as well. Congrats on beginning your journey!!! MFP is great!