New here! Starting "Ripped in 30". Interested?

Options
Hi!

I just threw my hat into this ring and have no idea if I'm doing any of this posting the right way so please forgive the "newbie"!

I am 61...ugh.

Ugh...

I was doing pretty well with diet (basically cutting out "white food" and sticking with a "South Beach Diet" lifestyle) and exercise (walking at a good pace several times a week for 3 - 5 miles), and getting to the gym a few times a week to do 2 to 3 circuits of weightlifting.

Then...

Grandbabies. 4 of them in 3 years. OMG...my entire person went all soft and cuddly. LOL The current child-care commitment I've made leaves me no time to take off to walk or head to the gym.

3 years later...I'm very unhappy about what happens to the "aging" (ugh...did I say UGH?) body without maintaining it.

Today I did 2 things. I booked a week in Mexico for Hubs and I and ordered a Jillian Michaels DVD that promises to exercise me to the point of flight departure. I've read that the "Ripped in 30" DVD is pretty tough...maybe I'm out of my league! But I'm game to try!

Wondering if anyone else in this age demographic has done this work out...and survived!

Replies

• lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am 31 and tried Ripped in 30 for the first time today. I burned 334 calories in about a half hour. It was tough for me though, I'm kinda out of shape although I have been working out for 6 weeks...... I have about 20 lbs to lose. Good Luck! Feel free to add me if you want to keep each other motivated!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I am 45, so I can only speak about what that is like. I have done Ripped in 30 twice now. I actually did 30 Day Shred first. It is a little easier.

Ripped is do able, though. It definitely is a tough workout, but there are 4 levels, so ou can work up to the hardest one! Expect to be sore!

It really is a good workout, and I am definitely stronger after having done it, and I do have some muscle definition although I still need to lose a few more pounds to really see the definition! I like all her DVDs so much that I have asked for her Body Revolutio series for Christmas.

Good luck with it.
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow...thanks for the immediate "welcome" ladies. Still trying to figure out the logistics here...how do I "add" you?
  • lpshizza
    lpshizza Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request, it will be a little red icon at the top of your screen :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Link to RI30 group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/52227-ripped-in-30-nov-dec-13
    We just finished up our four weeks, but you can read how everyone did:) I think 30DS and RI30 are great workouts.
  • Resolve2B
    Options
    Thanks for the "friending", LP! :) Would LOVE someone with whom to commiserate! LOL
  • Appalachia7
    Appalachia7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm fairly new here also. I am 43 and looking to add some over-40 lady friends to my list for motivation and commiseration. I am soon to embark on my second month of insanity and find the calorie logging / food diary part of this website to be most beneficial.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have incorporated ripped in 30 with my insanity and am doing a hybrid of the two. I have done ripped in 30 before and its an awesome program....as is all of jillian's dvds. It sounds like it is tough but if you put your mind to it you will reap rewards. You do what you can do and remember form, this goes for any dvd, you make it what you want. Jillian's motivational sayings and her pushing you to limits you don't think are possible is the nature of all of her dvds. I have done both ripped in 30, 30 day shred, and have made it to week 6 of body revolution but then I lost focus. I had really good results from all however I let it all go :(

Goodluck with the program, no doubt you will love it. If you need extra encouragement or motivation, add me :)

Jess
  • Resolve2B
    Options
    Nice to meet you, J and Jess! :)
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats and your decision to do something for YOU! I have started RI30 today and would love someone to chat to about it.

I'm friending you now! :-)
  • naturalechokolate
    Options
    Hello, I've just started RPIN30 today. Would love to added on the friends list.
    The more support the better. :noway:
  • DebbieSusanne
    DebbieSusanne Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just stared RI30 this past Saturday. I've been a little sore but I love that it is short and I am determined to carve out 30 minutes each day and keep with it.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Anyone still doing the ripped in 30? Just wanted to know if any of you made it through to 30 days and how you liked it. I absolutely love Jillian and did her 30day shred and some biggest loser dvd but my biggest accomplishment is the body revolution. I am on week 11 of a 12 week program. I am so excited that I made it through. I have a couple of bonus dvd that came with the BR and I may do those for a week or two and then start the ripped in 30 in March. I would appreciate any feedback ...thanks!
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day of Ripped in 30 and I LOVED it! I did the 30DS recently and had great results. I can tell I will like this just as much. Feel free to add me!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Anyone still doing the ripped in 30? Just wanted to know if any of you made it through to 30 days and how you liked it. I absolutely love Jillian and did her 30day shred and some biggest loser dvd but my biggest accomplishment is the body revolution. I am on week 11 of a 12 week program. I am so excited that I made it through. I have a couple of bonus dvd that came with the BR and I may do those for a week or two and then start the ripped in 30 in March. I would appreciate any feedback ...thanks!

I have done 30ds and ri30, as well as extreme shed and shred. I am currently doing body revolution week 5.

Ripped is harder than 30ds but easier than extreme shed and definitely easier than where I am in body revolution. I would also say that ripped and 30 DS both have more cardio than extreme and body revolution.

For me, when I do JM workouts that seem easier for me, (like when i re-did 30 DS, and when i started week one of revolution) I just up the weights and slow down the pace/reps. That seems to keep me challenged.
  • MOMtotwingirls
    Options
    I'm not new, but also not religious about logging on MFP. I guess I am new to the boards because I don't usually post. I just finished day 3 of the Ripped in 30. I'm liking it so far, but it is not easy for me to commit to 30 days of anything. I am determined to do it though. Sunday and Monday are going to be my days off, but I'm still going to do something like some light yoga to stay limber.
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I'm 43.....I have Ripped in 30 although I haven't finished it yet.....I will start it all over again when I am done this round.....I also highly recommend beachbody.com Brazil Butt Lift.....I have that one....all you will need is 5lb dumb bells, 5lb ankle weights and a yoga mat....that will get things shifting off where you want it to.....:)....i'll send you a friend request and feel free to ask me anything you like.....:)

ps. I also have p90x and Chalean Extreme and a set of Select Tech weights from Bowflex.....but I think those programs are maybe for a little ways down the road if you are just starting out....:)
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I have decided that when i finish body revolution - which is this week yeah!!! I will do the dvd again but a phase a week. workout 1 monday workout 2 tuesday cardio one wed, and so one for each phase! I think it will be good to see how far I have come from workout 1 to workout 12. That will take me through Feb. and then i wil start Ripped in 30 for March!!
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I have decided that when i finish body revolution - which is this week yeah!!! I will do the dvd again but a phase a week. workout 1 monday workout 2 tuesday cardio one wed, and so one for each phase! I think it will be good to see how far I have come from workout 1 to workout 12. That will take me through Feb. and then i wil start Ripped in 30 for March!!

I'm finished with body revolution this week too so I'm thinking about doing body revolution with a few cardio DVDs!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 54 yrs old and today was Day 1 of "Week 2" I stayed in week one for 8 workouts to make sure I have the moves down. Week 2 is definitely harder. I'm not a hard-core exerciser and it shows today. I will not give up. Friend me, if you like.