coffee

Options
Does anyone count their coffee in their water total for the day???

Replies

• rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    No coffee dehydrates you.I'm actually not going to be drinking coffee anymore.Do you like tea?
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Caffeinated tea is also a diuretic (which is what dehydrates you)

If you want to avoid that, herbal tea is pretty much the only way to go, or white tea if you take the tea bag out after about 30 seconds. I don't put anything in my tea so sometimes I count it depending how clear my urine is. (TMI!)

I don't count coffee in my water in take because I put cream in it. It's just nowhere near pure enough in my opinion.
  • familyblacksheep
    Options
    No I do not count the coffee as my water intake... I drink about 3 cups a day ( I do add it to my calories) .. I cant go without my morning coffee..
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    If I have coffee I add the creamer and sugar to my food log-it adds up.I love soymilk,tea,smoothies.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    NO....coffee doesn't count but I still like to have a cup or two a day....everyday though I drink my 8 glasses of water a day (2 litres) and I still drink my coffee and or other beverages like a diet soda.

Water is important....the colder the water the better because you body burns calories trying to heat is up. I

1. Drinking water enhances fat loss ; water flushes out the by-products of fat breakdown....you can't burn fat without it.
    2. Combat ailments by drinking more water such as headaches
    3. Drinking water can reduce hunger
    4. Look younger - drinking water hydrates your skin

The first few days of drinking water are the hardest because you have to go to the bathroom all the time.....but after a few day your body adjusts and then drinking water become a part of your daily routine and your body craves it...( and then you don't have to go to the bathroom all the time any more.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    No, I count it as food, since I use creamer.
  • Fancyfit
    Options
    I don't think coffee messes with your diet so long as you drink it black or count the "add ins". Just be sure you drink all your water. I love, love, love my coffee.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Not at all. In fact, I drink more water the more coffee I have. Caffeine can dehydrate you.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I do. It's a liquid so it counts. People count broth, so why not? Besides, I don't drink water itszelf all that often. I would never get eight glasses a day if I didn't count it.

Shannon
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I don't put anything in my coffee except splenda and sometimes cinnamon & nutmeg, so I feel free to drink as much as I want, but my rule is if I don't get all my water in on a particular day because of too much coffee, then I'm not allowed to have coffee the next day. I have been drinking 64 plus ounces a day for 21 days now and have noticed my body craving more. I have also read that a cup of coffee 20 minutes before working out causes you to burn more and endure longer. So that's a plus!!!!
  • rdy2lose
    rdy2lose Posts: 106
    Options
    I do. When I did Weight Watchers they said to count coffee, tea, crystal light and diet soda as my water intake was OKAY. I still drink more water than these other liquids, but if I have one, I count it.