Confused...

Options
I have been feeling extremely "puffy" for the past several weeks. My clothes seem to be getting tighter and tighter. Just yesterday I tried on 3 different pairs of jeans that I just wore within the last 2 weeks but couldn't get them on! I finally got up the courage to get on the scale and see just how much I've gained but it showed me at the same weight I was 4 - 6 weeks ago when I last weighed. I do not have a scale at my house because I obsess over it so I usually weight myself at my moms when I visit. I am confused as to how I can visibly see that I've gained some weight and my clothes are fighting tighter (or not at all) yet the scale is staying the same. Could my "fat" just be shifting where it is on my body? I'm starting to dread getting dressed in the morning :(

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but could you be pregnant?
  • megamix12
    Options
    I suppose it is possible but highly unlikely
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Are you doing something different with your laundry and possibly shrinking the clothes? Try to stay away from sodium as it may also be water rentention replacing fat you may have lost (if you've been sticking right with the diet...)
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but could you be pregnant?

That was my first thought second would be that you lost weight in between WI and it is now water weight. If you are not pregnant then weigh/measure your food to makes sure you are on track (sometimes guessing is WAY over) and drink lots of water to flush your system
  • DenBob
    Options
    Please dont get discouraged. It may just be fluid or clothes may have shrunk during washing and drying. I just weighed in this morning and I gained 1.6 lbs, but yet my clothes feel really baggy. Hang in there!! :flowerforyou:
  • megamix12
    Options
    I went back to the gym Saturday for the first time since June. I hadn't been able to go because of an injury from a car accident. So I am excited to be back at the gym and hoping I can sweat some of this "puffiness" off :) I have also been drinking tons of water, hoping to flush it away. I am usually pretty good with my sodium intake but my sugar seems to exceed my limit more often than not :(
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My thought is water retention. Drink lots of water, avoid salty foods.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I do believe fat can shift too. Not too many people mention this on here (at least not that I have seen). But I think in order for fat to shift you have to be REALLY big like me lol. I am losing weight every week and inches too but my pant size stays the same since my stomach is in essence dropping which I believe is from lack of 'support' from the fat that I am losing. Make sense? So if your not REALLY big then its probably not the issue and it could be sodium. Just a thought :)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Do you suffer from food allergies? Bloating/puffiness can be a symptom. Although I guess the most likely explanation is water retention as others have already said.
  • megamix12
    Options
    no food allergies that I am aware of...