Looking for support and a 30 day shred partner

Options
Hey everybody! I am a 31 year old currently a stay at home mom. My youngest is 18 months now and I am still carrying around baby weight. Lately I started noticing that I was gaining weight again, just no baby this time. Through out my life I have always been thin and in shape despite the fact that I use to eat a lot of crap. It must have been good metabolism. But after having babies, getting older and just lacking motivation I don't recognize my body anymore. I am ready to say Buh-bye to my muffin top and see you later to my love handles. Yesterday was my first real day of better eating and exercise. I survived and am doing it again today. My goal is to lose about 20-25 lbs. I want to feel comfortable wearing a bikini again this summer. I want to run a 5k in march and have the endurance to get a decent time.
My plan of action is 20 min of cardio, 30 day ab & squat challenge and I am doing 30 day shred (started today). I know that the 30 day shred works because I have gotten half way through it before and was feeling great and noticing changes. I really want to finish it this time. When I lose the weight I want to tone my body again. I use to bench press my own body weight but these days doing modified push up can kick my *kitten*.
As for my diet I am tracking my calories on here which I have never done in my life. It really puts things in perspective and makes you think twice about putting ranch on your salad. But for the most part I don't think that eating healthy will be a problem. My biggest weakness has always been soda. I know, I know, nothing but empty calories. But I am committed to staying soda free. I had my last dr pepper on my birthday and I'm not going back!
So that is just a little bit about me. If you think we have some things in common feel free to add me. I would also love to have someone doing the 30 day shred with me ( its on youtube!)
I am 100% committed to this.

Replies

• derdlema
    derdlema Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and have been doing the shred for 10 days now. Honestly I hate exercising but I feel so amazing afterwards. Finding it hard to motivate myself to do my workouts everyday. That's why I decided to join MFP.
  • beck2132
    beck2132 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred?
  • Shaystack
    Shaystack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a Jillian Michaels workout. It has three levels each about 20 minutes. It mixes cardio with strength training. The first level is on youtube
  • Shaystack
    Shaystack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    10 days! That is great. So onto level 2 now? I joined mfp for the same reason. Logging in and tracking my food/exercise/weight keeps me focused on my goals. Did you happen to take a before Pic?
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined today too. I deliberated between the "Shred" and the "Ripped" DVDs and ended up with the "Ripped" because my goal is more to tone/build muscle than to lose weight (although I'm hoping that I'll shed a few pounds in the process).

I'm planning to start my "30 days" on Saturday.

Good luck to you!
  • smand2000
    Options
    I fixed my soda addiction by squeezing lime (or lemon) into trader joe's seltzer. You get the fizz without the crap, and after awhile you can't stomach the crap anymore! Good luck with the shred ...

Love the Calvin & Hobbes btw!