Monday Weigh in?

Options
is anyone having problems weighing in Monday's. I just have trouble staying good over the weekend sometimes and I seem to weigh more on some Mondays (not always) then I do in the middle or the end of the week. Would switching my days help and/or help other people in the past?

Replies

• carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    yup, I definitely have problems weighing in on Mondays. I alwasy seen to weigh less on Fridays, thinking about changing my weigh in day.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes, Mondays are tough for me too. I've been with MFP since October. I've had three losses, one gain and one same. I weighed less last Saturday! I had broke 180. Now the scale reads 180.4. Bummer. In the long run, I know it doesn't matter too much, but I'm switching to Friday morning weigh ins!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Yeah, im really concidering this.
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    is anyone having problems weighing in Monday's. I just have trouble staying good over the weekend sometimes and I seem to weigh more on some Mondays (not always) then I do in the middle or the end of the week. Would switching my days help and/or help other people in the past?

I have always thought that weighing on Monday was bad for me given that weekends are tougher with family and activities. I was at 208.4 and today was 210.4 after the weekend. I even kept it in the calorie goals but diet was different.
  • lcm213
    Options
    Started the program in middle October, the first weigh-in started at 189, lost 3lbs after that, but since then nothing happen. I'm stayng within my calories, exercising for aleast 30-45 mins. 3-4 times a week. What am I not doing right. Give me a half pound, I'll settle for that. What gives. :frown:
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Started the program in middle October, the first weigh-in started at 189, lost 3lbs after that, but since then nothing happen. I'm stayng within my calories, exercising for aleast 30-45 mins. 3-4 times a week. What am I not doing right. Give me a half pound, I'll settle for that. What gives. :frown:

Just remember if you drink less water and anything with high sodium your body is going to retain water and it can look like a gain on the scale. I have weekend dinners too with my fiancee or with friends. I have a friend next door who likes to cook on the weekends. I may have to switch in my weigh in days sometime during the weekday since that seems like a better time for me then on weekends.
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Wednesday weigh ins
  • DiscoveringDena
    Options
    I like Wednesday weigh ins

Yup, I think I am going to change mine to Wed as well. Just seems like a good day :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    That's why you should continue to weigh in on Mondays. You are only cheating yourself by changing to another day so you don't have to worry about the weekends. This is not a Monday to Friday thing. I know all about the 'treat yourself every once in a while' thing, but you are making a conscious effort to deceive yourself. Think it over. Stay on track. Not trying to be mean, just trying to help you in the long run.

:flowerforyou:
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Weekends are always a struggle for me - I go over and then have all week to "make it up", which is why I WI on Fridays. Depends on what you get up to over the weekends I suppose? Monday mornings are depressing enough without a high WI. :laugh:
  • lainey137
    Options
    Saturday mornings are great - because you see how well you've done and it acts as a great natural incentive not to be too bad over the weekend. Having said that- I weigh in every single day. That wy you can see the effect your bad days have on your weight.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I prefer Friday weigh in's myself :)