SAHM 11/08/10 to 11/14/10

Options
Welcome! We are a great group of SAHM's the support each other through our weight loss journey and one of the most important jobs in the world! Being a mom! We welcome newcomers! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have another busy week planned, trying to get Christmas presents done, my novel that I am trying to write for nanowrimo, and the normal stuff I need ot do during the week. I am taking an easy week this week with my running, because next week I start my marathon training. :noway: Yup...I am trying for a marathon again. Hopefully I will be good on my cals this week...:laugh:

What is on everyone's to do list this week?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old daughter and a 6 month old little boy. I love bieng home with them so much, I wouldn't trade it for anything!

My husband is also home right now (he gets VA disability, but he'll be going back to school in Jan.) and our lives are pretty laid back. His birthday is this week so I have to order his ice cream cake and get him a couple more presents. But other than that all I have to do is go to the gym and take care of my kids! Oh, and I have to start working on making this year's Christmas cards.
  • jennicain
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am also a SAHM to four kids, ages 13, 11, 5 and 3. MFP is such a GREAT way for us to support each other and network with others who are in the same position as we are! I am a 34 year old who has struggled with weight since I was 19, and staying home all day has not made following a routine very easy. But I am determined to do this!

I also do in home childcare, so this week I will be hanging out with all the kids, handling the day to day grind and getting my Christmas cards out. Also, we are having our family pictures taken and I am going to try and get some more shopping finished. Hope you all have a great week and have great success!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I am also a SAHM and homeschool mom to my 3 kiddos. 11 (almost 12), 8, and 7. Would be great to stay with you all to keep on track. My worst thing is I get frustrated and stressed and want DR PEPPER. Im working thru that and WILL NOT keep it in the house. If it gets bad enough then I will go get one can and that is all. But I go back and forth on it for awhile before actully do it and 9 out of 10 times, I dont end up doing it. We live in the country so there isn't a machine or gas station just around the corner. So that helps a bunch.:happy: Glad to meet you all. :flowerforyou:
  • rundgrenfan
    Options
    Hi all, I am a stay at home mom of two girls. The biggest change I have made so far is that I wait to eat breakfast until I have time to make something proper -- no more shoving in half eaten toast and warm glasses of milk from the kids to keep from wasting and because I have to eat something, anyway -- I am no longer going to be the family garbage can!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my absence lately ladies! My husband has been studying nonstop for the past 2 weeks for his midterms. I have been getting training in for the half marathon, and we've just been so busy! I accomplished my goal and finished my half marathon on Saturday! Stats are in my signature, I'm so happy with all that I've accomplished in the past year! I'm hoping to lose another 10 pounds and train for another half on May 1st :) I started the 20 week TurboFire program this morning, and it was so hard! Must be the cold I caught and the half marathon on Saturday. Hoping it gets easier LOL

This weekend will be bad eating and drinking...my sister-in-law is getting married so we'll be in Chicago over the weekend. Anytime we get with the in-laws, it means good food and good drinks! LOL

Nicole ~ Awesome!! Good luck on your training! Which one are you doing??

Hello NoAdd, Jenni, and Aneajo!!

I am going to try hard to log my calories through Thursday, and be back to the grind on Monday!!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all newcomers!

I haven't logged on for a few days. I have had my "nose stuck" in books for the last week. :laugh: The family (especially the hubby) hates it when I get into a book I just can't seem to put it down. Well today was an okay day up until about an hour ago! The kids are now going crazy!!! Nice birthday present from them.:tongue: I guess I can't be too surprised by it. So my goals for this week besides exercise is to spend time with the kids so that they will stop acting out. Well I got to go so that I can help ou the hubby with the kids so he doesn't get too frustrated.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and welcome all newcomers :flowerforyou:

Still not a lot to report from last week. About the same is going on. Inlaw situation has settled down quite a bit from about a month ago.....for those who know what I'm talking about.

Last couple of weeks, I've been off on my calories and exercising, not sure if I'm getting depressed bc the fall and winter seasons are upon us and there's not a lot to do around my area one the snow comes. My friend and I have been walking the mall (only bc she has a 4yr old and I have my 6 mo old, so its too cold to walk the riverwalk), but as Christmas gets closer, the quiet mall is going to be getting busier and busier in the mornings, and it won't be such a nice walk anymore.....so we haven't been going as much.

Other than that, I think that it....oh yeah, I took my son in for his 6 mo check up and shots, he's doing good and then I had a parent conference with my 6 yr old's first grade teacher and she's having a focusing/attention problem, so we are both doing a check list and then she has a dr appt next Thursday to get evaluated some more and see if she has A.D.D or just being a kid or what we can do to help her, otherwise she's academically up there and can go places if her attention was so off.

I'm getting off for now, need to go clean up and get ready for the day, as me and my friend are off to the mall this morning.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Morning everyone and welcome newcomers! This is a great bunch of ladies!:flowerforyou:

Katie- I am going to do the Napa Valley marathon.:drinker: and congrats on your half, you should be so proud of yourself!

Katiem- I am the same way with a book. I purposely have not gotten any books out of the library since school has started, because I have to many project I need to do!:tongue:

Barb- have fun walking with your friend, and I am so glad that your inlaw situation is still good!:flowerforyou:

As for me, still trying ot work on the cross stitch and my novel today.
  • aneajo
    Options
    I try to keep the book reading till bed time or I get in trouble and NOTHING gets done. Trying to get in more exercise, but I have a stupid foot that doesn't like to walk outside. GRRRRR

Took the kids for a walk yesterday and had to cut it short cause of the foot, drives me nuts. I wanted fresh air too. Still trying to work around that one. Doing little bits here and there, but then I get tired and don't even want to fold clothes. Working on getting thru that also.

I just started getting up earlier to do a Bible Devotional, so Im even more tired. All a work in progress.

On a good note, I was at a convention over the weekend with only fast food and snacks for 2 days and I didn't gain much at all. I was very happy. Might have been all the walking up the bleachers and half way to the moon to go to the bathroom lol.

Anyway, have a great day all.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    tagging for later:flowerforyou:
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Barb~Yay on the inlaw situation! Really glad to hear that one. I know what you mean on this time of the year here you can't do much outside. It snowed here last night. Of course but the late afternoon it had melted.

Nicole~ I have not been able to check books out from the library for a while (fines need to be paid :tongue: ). I want to be able to again soon but I am going to been to use reading as a reward after I get the stuff I need to done.

Aneajo~I don't always do this but every once in a while I just want to sit and read and do nothing else. Guess it could be worse than reading. But the kids and the hubby feel neglected and than it's really not worth it. Good idea for the reading at bedtime. Hope your foot gets feeling better soon.

So this week it looks like I won't be babysitting. One of the little boys I babysit bit his tongue this morning (when they were getting ready to bring them here). It ended up so bad that he forked his tongue and needed stitches. :sad: :tongue: Poor thing! They had to do a consicous sedating 2 times. The first time the stitches came out a short time later and then the second time they have stayed in so far. Poor thing is on a liquid only diet for a few days. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Oops! I accidentally posted this on last week's thread.

Good morning! Sorry I wasn't here last week. We went to Tweetsie Railroad on Oct. 29th with the kids (teacher work day), and then that Saturday drove part of the Blueridge Parkway back home. When I woke up Sunday (Halloween) I was SO congested. Thought it was allergies after walking through the woods on Saturday. It turned out to be something else. Not sure what, but it was something! I wasn't sick enough to be completely nonfunctional, but sick enough that I couldn't function ... if that makes any sense to anyone.

I am happy with myself that I've been doing a good job of staying out of the kids' Halloween candy! bigsmile bigsmile That's a huge accomplishment for a chocoholic like me! I have taken a little from each of their baskets, but nothing like I usually do!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    good for you amy! and katie--WOW running for over 2 hours!!! you should be so stinkin' proud of what you've done!

just a parenting bit--my kids are not at all obedient. it's getting on my nerves! sooo i decided to train them. every time they do what they're asked on the first time, they get an M&M. yes, my kids are like dogs and very happy with immediate and simple rewards. i really need to cut down on the yelling, and having them listen more quickly could help that.

i am also going to put 20ish pennies in my pocket. and each time i yell/cuss a penny switches to other side. hope i don't run out of pennies! i'm not doing a reward/punishment for me, just trying to REALLY increase my awareness.

wish me luck on all that!

ps--katie in ut--a belated happy birthday!
  • KatieM7
    Options
    Amy~Way to go on the no Halloween candy. I just can't seem to stay away from cany. Although I do admit it isn't as bad as a used to be but I still have more than I would like to have. Hope you are feeling better from whatever it was that was bothering you.

Stacey~Thank you! Also that sounds like a good idea with the reward system and also the yelling thing. I have been thinking that I should try a reward system for my kids doing their chores (this is a constant battle with them). I was thinking about using mason jars as "piggy" banks and then every day that they get their chores done they get "commissions" 25 cents or something like that. Then that way they see how much they are or are not getting by the choices they make.

Well today was SEP (parent teacher conf). My K is doing good she does need a little help with some of the concepts but overall her teacher says she is a good student. My 1st grader is doing really well one area of struggle is writing the letters the proper way. My 3rd grader is also doing really well and doesn't have any areas of concern. My 4th grader doesn't turn in his work. :mad: His teacher said that he is smart and gets it but the reason for his low marks is that he is not turning in his work on time and sometimes not at all. The only thing I can think of to help him is to do a planner that he has to show me and have me sign and return for his teacher to look at to make sure that we are getting daily correspondance. I don't know if that will even help him but I guess it is worth a try right?! Anyways got to go hope you ladies have a great day tomorrow.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hey Ladies! I'm newer to the group, but joined a week or so ago. Sorry I haven't been around in a few days.

To those of you who still have Halloween candy lying around....I have a suggestion, (if you want one.)

I say, have a GOODBYE party for the candy. The kids choose 10 (or less) pieces to keep, and the rest goes in the trash or to someone else's home. Then, for a reward you take them and do something positive and active. Like, say a day at the park for instance. Just a thought! (if it's too cold where you live, choose another activity like roller skating, etc..)

Oh, so for me, I weighed in on Monday, and I had NO LOSS this week. I was kind of disappointed, but on the other hand I was ok with it too. I was so afraid I was going to gain. But, this is a new week. I started going to Jazzercise class. (for some reason the name of the class makes me feel old! haha) Having said that, it still makes me sweat and I can barely keep up! So...I'm burning lots of calories there. I'm hoping for at least 3 pounds this week.

My baby boy has officially started walking!!! He's been toddling around for a few weeks now, but I'm finally comfortable saying that he walks more than he crawls. I can't believe how fast he's growing!! (he is 13 months!) I felt so sorry for him this morning! We were in the kitchen, and I was putting some food away in the refrigerator. I looked up to see him pulling on a cord that was attached to the crock pot. (Thankfully, I had taken the heavy crock and HOT food out to move it to the fridge.) Anyway, he pulled the thing down on his poor little head and now has a big ole knot and bruise! My poor baby!

I'm really proud of you ladies who are running races!! I want to run one by February this coming year. I just want to start with a 5k. I have wanted to do this for years, but never had the commitment to finish it! I'm seriously considering the couch to 5K program!

Well, off to bed.
  • aneajo
    Options
    Very rough day at our house today. VERY good thing I don't have any pop in the house (the exact reason) or I would be dowing it big time.
    This week has totally been messed up. Just finished my food log for yesterday :noway: :noway: :sad: Went to DQ with the kids yesterday, Don't ever get the chicken strip basket, OMG!!!!
  • nicolee516
    Options
    morning ladies! It's been a crazy week as usual!

Stacey- How is the penny moving going?

Katiem- We had a planner for my son, as long as the teacher wrote in it, then it was good. If he had to write in it from the board what his assignments were, then not so good. I think it is a great way to start though!:flowerforyou:

Posh- Look out! he will be everywhere!:tongue: good luck with the training for the 5k! be careful! Running becomes addicting!

I have another bust day, and tomorrow I am running in a 10k! wish me luck!:drinker:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hi girls! the penny thing--i haven't physically instituted but have been doing in my head---and i truly have yelled less the last two days!!
    the m&m's work with dd2---ds just wants them all the time. honestly that boy.....

school has been good this week. i feel like we've done good enuf each day. and dd2 is also earning stickers (35) to get a pillow pet. she is very materialistic and reward motivated. so i just have to use that.
    this am is school time and then off to our old house to be with our friend/renter. my kids are so excited to use the swingset! they miss that a lot!

somewhere i'd like to get in 1 hr exercise so i don't have it planned yet. and you know what happens when you fail to plan....

goal--drink water, get exercise, stay close to calories

good luck in the 10k tomorrow--nicole!

:flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Thanks Stacey!

I did really good with my race. I did a best time with a 50:14. That is an 8:05 pace. :drinker: I am off to relax!

I hope everyone is have a great weekend!