just ate this... soooo full! only 370cals... feels like 1000

charlichickxx
charlichickxx Posts: 26
edited September 21 in Recipes
okay...

so, ive come on here, started calorie counting and have quickly figured veggies are not very many calories so if im hungry (which i am 99% of the time, then i have to cook for myself more. I have just made a really easy 370 calorie meal that actually filled me up (im shocked!!!). Only thing is that it took 45mins-1hr in oven so its great so long as you can wait a little (yes... i did have some strawberries while waiting!!)

use crockery pot (same type you'd use for lasagne).
line bottom with half courgette sliced.
sprinkle 1/4 chopped leek on.
sprinkle 1/3 med-large red bell pepper on.
sprinkle small spring onion chopped on.
line top with sliced mushrooms.
pour in 150ml elmlea single cream substitute and 150ml water.

bake 30-40mins.

sprinkle on 30g mature cheddar

bake 5-15 mins (dependant on preference of cheese)

enjoy the whooollle thing!!!!

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it... but I'm scratching my head at what all of that is lmao
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    I'm so glad you enjoyed it... but I'm scratching my head at what all of that is lmao

I don't recognize the ingredients either, lol. Other than the middle ones.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member

Smile and nod - I think she's English :D
  • Isn't it great when you realise how much veg you can have? I'm the same! Since I gave up smoking, I've developed a real taste for Boost chocolate bars (305) calories, but I've swapped them for veg and my tea tonight consisted of

2 Chicken, Bacon & Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes
    Sainsbury's - Special Mixed Vegetables, 350 g (this is loads when it's poured on the plate too!)
    Bisto - Cheese Sauce, 50 ml

428 calories in total, and I'm done for the evening!!
  • I'm so glad you enjoyed it... but I'm scratching my head at what all of that is lmao

Smile and nod - I think she's English :D

Hahaha!! I recognised every ingredient, and I'm British...quite a nice change actually, cos I never recognise half of the US foods listed on here! :laugh:
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Courgette is zucchini here in the States. Elmlea is a brand name. Single cream is kind of like whipping cream (as opposed to double cream that is more like heavy cream). Cheese is cheese. Sounds delicious!
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    courgette is a British or Australian name for zucchini, and elmlea single cream substitute, is like a lite whipping cream, I think.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    okay...

so, ive come on here, started calorie counting and have quickly figured veggies are not very many calories so if im hungry (which i am 99% of the time, then i have to cook for myself more. I have just made a really easy 370 calorie meal that actually filled me up (im shocked!!!). Only thing is that it took 45mins-1hr in oven so its great so long as you can wait a little (yes... i did have some strawberries while waiting!!)

use crockery pot (same type you'd use for lasagne).
    line bottom with half courgette sliced.
    sprinkle 1/4 chopped leek on.
    sprinkle 1/3 med-large red bell pepper on.
    sprinkle small spring onion chopped on.
    line top with sliced mushrooms.
    pour in 150ml elmlea single cream substitute and 150ml water.

bake 30-40mins.

sprinkle on 30g mature cheddar

bake 5-15 mins (dependant on preference of cheese)

enjoy the whooollle thing!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yuuuuuuuuuum, I love all the veggies in this, especially courgette. I'll have to try this,
    Thanks so much
    x
  • Rivka74
    Rivka74 Posts: 12 Member
    I want to try this too!! Sounds great!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    courgette is a British or Australian name for zucchini, and elmlea single cream substitute, is like a lite whipping cream, I think.

Thanks for the translation, lol! Whipping cream on this sounds gross, I thought maybe it could be sour cream but I googled it, its half and half.
  • Yep... I am english... completely forgot that america doesnt have pouring cream.... its discraceful if you ask me... i love the stuff!!!!!! I guess you could try some other substance that might do it... maybe a thicker cocnut milk of a thinner yogurt or something... i dont know!! :P
  • It sounds like a veggie gratin! I bet it would be good with half-and-half.
  • I agree what are you eating???:huh:
  • Kwilliams75
    Kwilliams75 Posts: 231 Member
    bump
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member

2 Chicken, Bacon & Sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes

what is this? It sounds DELICIOUS!!!
  • I'd like to know about the " 2 chicken, bacon & sweetcorn Crispy Pancakes" too! Please share, it sounds great.
  • MizBee
    MizBee Posts: 37
    Thank you so much. It sounds so delish, I am def going to try it :))
This discussion has been closed.